diy solar

diy solar

HELP PLEASE I think I may have some bad cells

My test is almost done, and my neck cell is almost fully charged. I am going to Houston for the night; I will let the cell rest and see what it’s resting voltage is. I will post the resting voltage
awesome! I’m glad they’re testing that good! Keep the updates coming. Also, could you share where you bought them from? A link preferably. Thanks

I agree with your points. I’ve had those cells in 100a and they were great! Was just curious of why in his particular situation.
I am putting these cells together to make a bank for my ram pro master, I am converting. I used to live on a sailboat, and had a battery bank made up of 6 golf cart batteries. These are way better. Those golf cart batteries weigh a ton. I had 530 watts of panels on my boat with a morning star mppt.

Nice! I think your goi g to hit your rated capacity or really close to it. Hey just curious. Why did you go with the 200a? From what I’ve been seeing the 280s are a much better deal
To be quite honest,I did not find this forum until after I ordered the batteries.I could have used a few more amp hours, but this will be OK. That is still a lot of amp hours For my needs.

I am putting these cells together to make a bank for my ram pro master, I am converting. I used to live on a sailboat, and had a battery bank made up of 6 golf cart batteries. These are way better. Those golf cart batteries weigh a ton. I had 530 watts of panels on my boat with a morning star mppt.
Oh nice! Love to follow your build with that too. Is it going to be for camping/living or you going to work out of it?

Oh nice! Love to follow your build with that too. Is it going to be for camping/living or you going to work out of it?
It’s going to be built to camp out of and live out of. I want to mount everything inside where it can be easily taken out if needed. They have this stuff called 8020 aluminum it is really killer stuff to work with

It’s going to be built to camp out of and live out of. I want to mount everything inside where it can be easily taken out if needed. They have this stuff called 8020 aluminum it is really killer stuff to work with
Nice, I looked up that 80/20 aluminum, that is impressive. Might make it easy to build some portable solar panel frames, I will investigate. Thanks for the tip!

Nice, I looked up that 80/20 aluminum, that is impressive. Might make it easy to build some portable solar panel frames, I will investigate. Thanks for the tip!
I have some attachments I put on my roof that allow me to put that 8020 on my roof and make a rack

In retrospect, now that you have completed a full single cell capacity test on a single cell and got over rated capacity, what do you think skewed/screwed up your first test showing so much less capacity?

Do you plan to use this battery to start an engine?

I’ve tested 8 cells so far they all exceed vendors amp hour specs. Can I hook up my 24 volt bms, and test the last pack with the cells wired into a 24 volt battery? I was thinking I could use a light bulb for a load, and check the amp draw with my dc amp clamp? I know, Patience grasshopper. But I have these guys from China hanging around waiting to get paid.

I’ve tested 8 cells so far they all exceed vendors amp hour specs. Can I hook up my 24 volt bms, and test the last pack with the cells wired into a 24 volt battery? I was thinking I could use a light bulb for a load, and check the amp draw with my dc amp clamp? I know, Patience grasshopper. But I have these guys from China hanging around waiting to get paid.
If you have a BMS hooked up, it is safe. Be aware that the state of charge is unknown, so charge the pack until one cell is at high voltage disconnect, then parallel them to get them all fully charged before testing as a pack. Sounds like you got what you paid for.

If you have a BMS hooked up, it is safe. Be aware that the state of charge is unknown, so charge the pack until one cell is at high voltage disconnect, then parallel them to get them all fully charged before testing as a pack. Sounds like you got what you paid for.
If I test them as a pack, with the BMS hooked up. I will get a full read out of each individual cell? Will I be able to tell if there is a problem with a cell? Or do I need to drain them all down one at a time?

Back