diy solar

diy solar

Help with a Truck camper setup?

cgi2099

Hey all, we are getting ready to do solar on our truck bed camper. I have been reading through a lot of the forum posts and have watch many of Will's videos.

Right now here is our parts list:

Victron SmartSolar MPPT 100/50

Victron Energy DC-DC Orion-Tr ORI 12/12-30A

Victron Energy - MultiPlus-II 12/3000 or a Xantrex Freedom XC 2000 (suggestions please?)

Our main questions are on the inverter/charger. Are there better options? We want something that will charge quick when hooked to shore power. I feel what we have selected is over kill and rather large. Are the better packages suited for truck campers?

Also is the EG4 still the best value on batteries?

Thank you so much in advance!

Sorry .... Don't have an inverter recommendation ... Do you know what the warranty is on those solar panels?

Sorry .... Don't have an inverter recommendation ... Do you know what the warranty is on those solar panels?
No idea on warranty for these, our thoughts were they are going to get beat around and open to the elements 100% of the time so we didn't want to go high end on the panels. My guess is the warranty is bad of even no existent.

No idea on warranty for these, our thoughts were they are going to get beat around and open to the elements 100% of the time so we didn't want to go high end on the panels. My guess is the warranty is bad of even no existent.
Just did some looking at these and apparently should avoid them. They are stated at 500w each but apparently are only 100w or less each

Just did some looking at these and apparently should avoid them. They are stated at 500w each but apparently are only 100w or less each
Wow .... glad you found that .... I've been up to my elbows in scammers lately.

The Victron stuff is good, but I'm not up to speed on it. I'm sure someone will check in who is.

I am getting estimates to get a tree taken down .... Just found out the guy we were thinking of going with gave us a fake liability insurance certificate. Guess he didn't think I would call the insurance company.

Back