diy solar

diy solar

help with getting this going

bagins52

I have 2 100 watt panels renogy with matching battery controller. Currently have 1 100 ah 12 volt deep cycle battery planning on buying at least one more. I’ve read and half way understand how this comes together. Can someone help me go from here. Trying to go completely off grid with trailer. No electricity there. Before I can stay there need to be able power my travel oxygen concentrator. 150 watts 20 amps. Going to buy solar generator or power pack. I need the solar mainly to keep the battery charged. Will I need to run through inverter? Which ever I buy will have a lithium battery in it. Which brings up can I charge through battery monitor from 12 v agm battery. See I’m lost. Help, do i connect where original battery stated or go through fuse box to connect. thank you for advise to a new be to trailer and solar.
oh guess is another important to know. not going to use this place more than 2 or 3 days in a roll. maybe 10 times a year. so will have time between visits. mainly use during hunting season

150 watts 20 amps? Does it run on 7.5V?
In that case you don't need an inverter (unless it's for something else - or it's 7.5V AC).
Also, if you get a lithium battery you won't need the lead-acid one.

What exactly do you plan to power, and for how many hours a day?
Working that out will let you determine how much you need in the way of battery, then you can work out how to recharge it.
-

i was told my oxygen concentrator is 150 watts/ and 20 amps. that is my main thing to run. i just want to be able to stay over night. i can't do it without my oxygen. lol. like said going to buy a 2000 watt power pack. the one i'm looking at can be charged through ac or dc. that is where inverter would come in if best to charge with ac.
that way will have the power to run it. however want to be able to keep it charged so can stay more than one night. during the day i use oxygen in bottle that is portable. so maybe 8 to 10 hrs use a day.

Last edited:
But what would you need the 2kW power pack for?
The oxygen thing probably already has a battery, right?
-

Would it make more sense to just take some bottles of o2 with you?

can't find specs. copied this from different sites. the concentrator does have a battery but it only last 2.5 hrs at 2 lpm. which is what i'm on. so need to either run off an alternative power source. ie power pack with enough power to last the night. bottles are a good alternative for the day as im on demand. which means get air when i breath. bottles can't handle continuous flow. would empty them to fast. can't sleep with demand. need continous. i could go with generator then i'd be having noise, which animals don't like.

A 12-volt, 15-amp outlet is recommended for use with the device. this is on dc.
AC Power Universal Input: 100-240 VAC • 50-60 Hz • 2 Amps
Output 24 Volts • 6.3 Amps
DC Power 12 -15 VDC • 10 Amps
again thank everyone for your help. in connecting to trailer is best to run through fuse box. or just let run out of bcc. i've been studying watching youtube videos etc. reading on this and other sites.

can't find specs. copied this from different sites. the concentrator does have a battery but it only last 2.5 hrs at 2 lpm. which is what i'm on. so need to either run off an alternative power source. ie power pack with enough power to last the night. bottles are a good alternative for the day as im on demand. which means get air when i breath. bottles can't handle continuous flow. would empty them to fast. can't sleep with demand. need continous. i could go with generator then i'd be having noise, which animals don't like.

A 12-volt, 15-amp outlet is recommended for use with the device. this is on dc.
AC Power Universal Input: 100-240 VAC • 50-60 Hz • 2 Amps
Output 24 Volts • 6.3 Amps
DC Power 12 -15 VDC • 10 Amps
again thank everyone for your help. in connecting to trailer is best to run through fuse box. or just let run out of bcc. i've been studying watching youtube videos etc. reading on this and other sites.
All you need is a cigarette adapter (assuming the trailer has the sockets + older ones usually do) with correct plug to plug in to your concentrator... I bet you can buy one specifically for your unit.

That would be the easiest way.
No inverter needed.
Solar panels MMPT to your house bank.

You can install additional sockets wherever you need them.... You'll need at least 300ah of batteries in the trailer in my opinion. This skips the whole solar generator step. Additionally it keeps it simple and budget friendly

Back