diy solar

diy solar

Help with new camper van solar setup. Wiring diagram and question/s.

concin

I tried to draw this out as neatly as possible. Hopefully someone can understand it. This is what I have so far for what I am planning on installing in my camper van.

Can someone with knowledge tell me if this looks good overall. I haven't done anything with the AC power side of things yet as I haven't started researching that.

The one question I have right now is: I will be installing ANL Fuses on the positive busbar for the inverter and DC distributor/fuse block connections. Do I just attach one end to the positive busbar and leave the other end hanging or does the other end get attached to the negative busbar?

Any help would be appreciated.

1646935747555.jpeg

Looks reasonable. I did not check wire sizing but fusing is sound.

What "kit"? They are usually crap with a PWM labeled as MPPT.

200Ah batteries, no mention of BMSs.

No alternator charging?

All connections to the positive buss bar, except the battery, ( fused at the battery) need fuses or breakers as close as practical to the buss bar. This will protect the cables and equipment. For example any fault on the solar controler or the 10awg feed cable is not protected, as the only limiting fuse is the 250 amp battery fuse. 10 awg cable is rated at a maximum of 30 to 40 amps.

Mike

Back