diy solar

diy solar

Here Is What I am Thinking of Doing. Are These the Right Pieces?

dwford36

Here is the system I am thinking of putting together. Am I doing this properly? I already have the panels, but haven't bought anything else. This will be on my shed for power in the back yard, with the ability to run power to the house in an outage for some limited power.

3 370w solar panels into a combiner box. Combiner box out to an all in one solar controller/charger/inverter hooked up to 2 100ah LiFePO4 batteries for 24v system
IMG_2305.jpg
3271c14fb69b8fe2.jpg

Using the 2424LV-MSD off this chart:
2424lv_msd_3.jpg

Please note the OP stated they have 3 panels.
On that note, your batteries provide about 2000 watt hours of usable power, which for an RV or a small shed is awesome, but please do a power audit to see if that takes care of your essential items for a power audit.

Because you will use lithium, during day time hours, you can push up to 50 amps at 24 volts or a little over 1000 watts into the batteries, so you could add a few more panels to get some extra power during the day when there is enough sun for the panels to produce. A lot of potential for this to make a more power in the day, but have to cut back at night. If you were to try something like that, might only be 4 to 5 hours where you can get that extra power and only if you add more panels.

Also, what I put above needs to be within specs for both the battery you buy and the BMS.

Does the 2424LV-HS solve the 30v MPPT issue, or do I not want PWM?

I am not married to any of these individual components (other than the panels). What I was interested in was a clean, minimal wire set up, so I liked the idea of an all in one charger/controller/inverter

Back