diy solar

diy solar

Hi. New guy here!

Nesto514Rides

Hello, this is my first time posting. I just like to introduce myself, my name is Marcelo. I currently live in a short school bus that I am converting. I have a Renogy system installed, or I should say partially installed, as I am still in the process of installing the 2000 W inverter And solar panels. I currently have a 200 amp hour lithium battery in my system. I charge it with the charger supplied by the manufacturer Using shore power, but since I just started using the battery this past Thursday, which was two days ago, other than the initial charge, I have not had the opportunity to recharge yet. I’m using a Renogy battery monitor 500 amp to monitor my usage and state of charge of the battery. So far I have been impressed with the process. I have a Renogy, DC to DC charger that I am installing to my vehicles charging system.

I just like to introduce myself, my name is Marcelo.
Welcome! What is your pup's name? Looks like he/she is a serial photobomber!

When if you install solar, check in here with your panels before buying. There are some tricks/limitations with the Renogy DC-DC MPPT charger.

And if you want to review your default charge settings, post a pic. The default settings can likely be improved upon, especially if you have particular needs and goals (like max power daily vs making the system reliable and long lived).

Back