diy solar

diy solar

Hi or low balancing and how often?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9967
  • Start date
As for many of us that do this for a living I like the CHARGERY and the DACUS (I always spell it wrong) ... they are higher end - but can do virtually anything you want it to .. I have my Chargery actually fire up a Generator when the battery gets low -- then it sends me a message what its doing ... plus 1000 other things ...
Does it also show the amount of amps used as well?
THAT is like showing the gas tank for someone like myself.
Thanks Ghost :)

Ironically it will use the same power to go the same distance.
Yes, at those speeds that is likely. At higher speeds wind resistance will become a factor that makes the increase be less linear. Also, drag racing (acceleration) reduces efficiency.

Yes, at those speeds that is likely. At higher speeds wind resistance will become a factor that makes the increase be less linear. Also, drag racing (acceleration) reduces efficiency.
Absolutely never drag racing. And 10 mph is not much I think. A marathon runner averages 11mph.

If they show how much gas is in the tank.
On my ebike I have a device that displays Watthours but I have to remember to reset it after I charge. That would be an important feature set that would drive your purchase of a BMS. Coulomb counter may be a synonymous term. You may still need to do the calculation to determine remaining capacity although percent of SOC (State of Charge) might suffice. The typical devices found on Lead Acid powered things use voltage which makes them useless when powered by any Lithium chemistry.

On my ebike I have a device that displays Watthours but I have to remember to reset it after I charge. That would be an important feature set that would drive your purchase of a BMS. Coulomb counter may be a synonymous term. You may still need to do the calculation to determine remaining capacity although percent of SOC (State of Charge) might suffice. The typical devices found on Lead Acid powered things use voltage which makes them useless when powered by any Lithium chemistry.
Thanks.
I am thinking the same thing and wanting a device like this for myself to gauge distances.

It could be in the BMS or in my ebike example part of the motor controller. Something you may be able to find out from the people that do motor upgrades.
LOL finding someone that even sells the motors is futile in Vancouver. I contacted over a dozen places that sell scooters and not one will sell me a motor that is not the original motor I all ready have. And getting a controller? Yeah right. I might as well ask for their first born. The best I can do so far is a place in New York city. But the postage plus duty is almost twice what the motor is.
It really is very weird.

LOL finding someone that even sells the motors is futile in Vancouver. I contacted over a dozen places that sell scooters and not one will sell me a motor that is not the original motor I all ready have. And getting a controller? Yeah right. I might as well ask for their first born. The best I can do so far is a place in New York city. But the postage plus duty is almost twice what the motor is.
It really is very weird.

Have you looked on Alibaba... sure it may take 45-60 days to get here .. but we get allot of our motors out of China and believe or not - they are pretty damn good ...

Have you looked on Alibaba... sure it may take 45-60 days to get here .. but we get allot of our motors out of China and believe or not - they are pretty damn good ...
I do not have a credit card. Never have had one. But thanks for the tip though. :)

Well everyone that I have seen so far you can adjust the top and bottom voltages and also even the temp cut off on some. So not sure what that is about.
Can you link one for sale? From what I've seen is the factory does the adjustment to your requirements. But your saying it is adjustable by the end user? If so, I'd like to get one.

Becuase they are cheap and relaible ... many ppl just want a BMS to shut the battery off when the charging is done and disconnect it if it goes into a low voltage situation ... Most of the time a DALY BMS will get you pretty near the 95% charge and take you down to about the 7% -- and for many -- thats fine ...

DALY also is NOW making pretty sweet models that has bluetooth and are adjustable ... well worth the money

As for many of us that do this for a living I like the CHARGERY and the DACUS (I always spell it wrong) ... they are higher end - but can do virtually anything you want it to .. I have my Chargery actually fire up a Generator when the battery gets low -- then it sends me a message what its doing ... plus 1000 other things ...
can you link me somewhere to get the end user adjustable daly? I ended up getting an unbranded version that has those features, (recommended by another user here).

WOW, there are a lot there. If it wasn't for the shipping the prices would be fantastic.
1/3 to 1/2 the price easily.
Thanks again for the tip Ghost. :)

can you link me somewhere to get the end user adjustable daly? I ended up getting an unbranded version that has those features, (recommended by another user here).

I am going to put you in touch with @Steve_S and @Craig ... they are really my best source on where to get inexpensive adjustable BMS info ...

WOW, there are a lot there. If it wasn't for the shipping the prices would be fantastic.
This is a long shot but www.diyelectriccar.com and www.endless-sphere.com have some threads for other propulsion types like yours. The only other knowledge I have is that the motor type has to be matched to the controller. Brushed, brushless, and a few other terms describe the common type.
The newer Teslas use permanent magnet types if you want to go high end. :ROFLMAO:

This is a long shot but www.diyelectriccar.com and www.endless-sphere.com have some threads for other propulsion types like yours. The only other knowledge I have is that the motor type has to be matched to the controller. Brushed, brushless, and a few other terms describe the common type.
The newer Teslas use permanent magnet types if you want to go high end. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, apparently getting the controller with the motor is the hard part. I have asked a couple of the people Ghost sent me to but no reply yet which is fine.
Thanks Amp :))

diy solar

diy solar
Back