diy solar

diy solar

HomeGrid Firmware - Providing update.

palehorse

Hey Everyone,

Just providing you and update that i got from HomeGrid Support (which is great by they way).

I had my 24kw system installed 2 months ago. The batteries were manufactured in Nov/Dec. I confirmed that the new batteries have the Skybox built into the BMS for future firmware updates to be handled through the new HomeGrid app.

There is one caveat though. You have to have a physical skybox piece of hardware to update to the latest firmware (released last month) for you to be able to take advantage of future firmware updates through the app. You cannot update to the latest firmware unless you have the actual skybox unit. After that you are golden on updating the firmware through the newest HomeGrid app which they just launched.

HomeGrid sent me the skybox unit and told me to call them to walk through the update process as the video online is outdated.

Hope that makes sense and helps some of you through the process.

I noticed that their android app updated a couple days ago (it's been the same (super-beta) one for months). I haven't messed with it.

I updated my setup's firmware a couple weeks ago using the external skyboxes that came with my older stacks.

Be curious to see what your new style BMS looks like. Does it have a separate wi-fi antenna (like the old skybox) or is that built in too? I think all the pics on their website are still of the older style like I have.

I haven't opened up the box to see what the new bms looks like. It does have a wifi antenna that sits on top of the box though and that is what the tech support team first asked me when seeing what version I had.

Back