diy solar

diy solar

How best to size a 24v to 12v DC to DC converter?

Notice the big aluminum mechanical lug, does it have a thick red wire attached to it?
If you zoom the photo you can see the large red wire peeking out on the right side. The fuse panel will have to be removed (there appears to be a center screw) to see where that wire goes.

Are you speaking of the large red wire in the center right side of the DC panel? I believe it is the 12V feed from the batteries to the DC panel. Will check it out either tomorrow or Saturday and advise.

Are you speaking of the large red wire in the center right side of the DC panel? I believe it is the 12V feed from the batteries to the DC panel. Will check it out either tomorrow or Saturday and advise.
I'm sure it's the 12V feed but suspect it comes from the converter, which may be behind the fuse panel.

My panel is quite different, but the battery cable was on the front and the converter cable came in the back of the circuit board.

I'm sure it's the 12V feed but suspect it comes from the converter, which may be behind the fuse panel.
Thats what I was hoping for.
If the converter is still there then just size the dc2dc converter based on that.

What do you guys think of the Pyle PSWNV480 for an rv application. I used the regular aluminum mold 40a unbranded (ebay/amazon) 24v to 12v on my last rv and it was fine, but I never pushed it. The Pyle seems more heavy duty but only has a 20a fuse, rated for 240w and 480w peak. but the generic unit is rated for 480w with no fuse and thin wires.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 10.38.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 10.38.14 PM.png
    803.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 10.38.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 10.38.42 PM.png
    527.5 KB · Views: 6
Back