diy solar

diy solar

How Forgiving are built in BMS's?

offgriddle

"FOREVER BEGINNING"
When mixing different brands of 12 volt, Lithium iRon Phosphate batteries containing built in, non used programmable BMS's, is there a compatibility issue amongst the different BMS's when the batteries are connected together?

Series or parallel connections? I would be reluctant to series connect different brands. Some do not approve of series connections, some do.

If it's parallel, I don't think it would matter too much, but the Ah capacity and age of the batteries may be more of an issue than the BMS.

Series or parallel connections? I would be reluctant to series connect different brands. Some do not approve of series connections, some do.

If it's parallel, I don't think it would matter too much, but the Ah capacity and age of the batteries may be more of an issue than the BMS.
Yes fer sure, series connection is a horse of a different color, I intend only to connect the mixed batteries in series for this application. Two existing batteries are 20 Ah and the third, new battery would be a 30 Ah.

Back