diy solar

diy solar

How long can you (and your family) survive if the grid went down for an extended period?

2 weeks no power, no problem. Diesel generator sips fuel from a 500 gallon tank. Well pump does it's job, supplying with water. I'm on public sewer, but I'm on top of a mountain, so until the pipes fill up, it's not a problem for me, and it would be a problem for a lot of people before it was for me. Wood stove provides plenty of heat in the winter, with diesel as a backup. Wood stove doubles as a 2 burner stove for cooking, as well.

I suspect I could go for about 8-12 months before I started to worry about running out of meat. I grow most of my other food. I could go out with my remote hole puncher and get some deer if needed. I wouldn't have to go far, they're in my yard all the time. a 24cu ft freezer has easily a year's worth of food and that's on a battery that is charged by solar.

I'm remote enough that I don't have to worry about feral protesters. If I have to worry about roaming gangs, the cities are already burned to the ground.
You will be fine….…..with the the home field advantage…drop em where ya find em…

The success of society is co-operation,
without it, a few winters will be all it takes to up-end nearly everything.
Without co- operation less than 6 months…and it won’t be like it used to be …
for the first time in USA history almost no one likes anyone not in their group…or tribe
co-operation will not the same as in 1950 or ww2 or WW1 or anytime before..

I still say many things can help assist your survival, ( all the normal stuff for sure)..

Ultimately it will be decided by how long can a person take out the people that would do him harm…before they take him out…simple as hell …everything else is secondary …

.primary under the conditions you suggest is how long you can put up a strong dis-incentive to be messed with..( I’m speaking very politely here) …

All the food water and meds won’t do nothing if you can’t protect you , from the people who will harm you…and they will be everywhere…they already are …
BTW…..Ammo is still very cheap…

Without co- operation less than 6 months…and it won’t be like it used to be …
for the first time in USA history almost no one likes anyone not in their group…or tribe
co-operation will not the same as in 1950 or ww2 or WW1 or anytime before..

I still say many things can help assist your survival, ( all the normal stuff for sure)..

Ultimately it will be decided by how long can a person take out the people that would do him harm…before they take him out…simple as hell …everything else is secondary …

.primary under the conditions you suggest is how long you can put up a strong dis-incentive to be messed with..( I’m speaking very politely here) …

All the food water and meds won’t do nothing if you can’t protect you , from the people who will harm you…and they will be everywhere…they already are …
BTW…..Ammo is still very cheap…
Well stated!

I believe what we're observing at the border might actually be a covert operation to import a large number of fighting age mercenaries to eventually do what American service members won't. They'll likely be offered amnesty and citizenship as a reward for their "service". We witness the systemic demonization of white people, incessant race baiting in the media, weaponization of district attorneys, courts and federal agencies. Intentional destruction of family values and historical norms. I believe the destruction of the West is being facilitated by the globalists who have somehow usurped most of our functioning systems using massive amounts of money and influence to control the narratives, obscuring the truth from the majority of the population. Agenda 2030 is real. The UN, WHO and WEF are not our friends. America Inc. has apparently become a very corrupt global corporation which uses counterfeiting, money laundering and propaganda on a large scale. Laws are now routinely ignored by those in control. Unbridled greed and power has become the driver of everything. We're currently adding $1T to the deficit every 100 days now. The final looting.

If you still believe "the news", you're being deceived on a grand scale.

I recently re-watched The Matrix, and it's amazing how many "Mr. Andersons" we still have despite the evidence all around us.
Take the red pill...and prepare as best you can.

Last edited:
Thanks to a warming climate my area of the world is no longer under 2 miles of ice.
I hear ya ……We all have been under deep ice at some point , it just depends on the timeline you use…and its location…
But…. As for now ,I’m loving this sunshine & warmth & saving a ton of $ not running the heat….

Back