diy solar

diy solar

How many cycles have you done with your lithium bank?

Two plus years in and about 650 full cycles.
no noticeable degregration in capacity yet.

one "full" cycle seems to be counted as
100% to 0 and back to->100% state of charge

counting 80->60% or 20->80 state of charge partial seemingly less linear

Do JK BMS calculate partials for a cycle?
Yes
Otherwise mine would still be reporting 2.
I only discharge around 15% each daily cycle. Which in napkin math would be about 1 total cycle every 6 days. I'm not sure how the algorithm calculates cycles. But mine is reporting about 1 every 3 days.

I'm not sure how it's calculated. It could take into account how aggressive the discharge and charge is done. Along with how deeply it is discharged. I don't know how accurate it is. But we don't really have anything else to go by.
You could probably figure it out on a system that was completely commissioned in one go. But most of us have upgraded Along the way.

I'm not sure how it's calculated. It could take into account how aggressive the discharge and charge is done. Along with how deeply it is discharged. I don't know how accurate it is. But we don't really have anything else to go by.
You could probably figure it out on a system that was completely commissioned in one go. But most of us have upgraded Along the way.
Our JK bms shows cycles. Currently 23. It also shows what they call cycle capacity. It currently stands at 6717Ah. Divide this by 280Ah and you get 23 cycles. It just counts out Ah used and divides this by the battery capacity to give cycles

diy solar

diy solar
Back