diy solar

diy solar

How stupid is this?

I'm curious why you dislike using more a conductive lug/nut?

Good torque is important when pressing the busbar to the plugs.
You cannot do that sufficiently with brass bolts.
I tear brass bolts/screws right off myself.
Therefore, minimum 304 stainless steel with a similar nut, washer and locking washer.
The washer and locking washer can be copper if you can get them otherwize stainless et. al. is quite okay as they are not going between the busbar and the lugs, only on top.

What is conducting is the busbar and the cable lug to each other.
The stainless is only there to press it together and keep it locked.

Good torque is important when pressing the busbar to the plugs.
You cannot do that sufficiently with brass bolts.
I tear brass bolts/screws right off myself.
Therefore, minimum 304 stainless steel with a similar nut, washer and locking washer.
The washer and locking washer can be copper if you can get them otherwize stainless et. al. is quite okay as they are not going between the busbar and the lugs, only on top.

What is conducting is the busbar and the cable lug to each other.
The stainless is only there to press it together and keep it locked.
Yeah I didn't really understand that. I was hoping people would talk about me and say "Wow, that dude Kolek has some big brass nuts!"
But in the end, it turns out my big brass nuts just break and fall off when torqued. Now I feel completely emasculated.

Last edited:
Yeah I didn't really understand that. I was hoping people would talk about me and say "Wow, that dude Kolek has some big brass nuts!"
But in the end, it turns out my big brass nuts just break and fall off when torqued. Now I feel completely emasculated.
Kolek, you down in wakayama or okayama area right? ever get up north east a bit, let me know we can light up a grill and do some ribs or brisket.

Back