diy solar

diy solar

How to connect 4 powerpro batteries to 1 18kpv

blueforce

I'm trying to figure out the best way to connect 4 EG4 Powerpro batteries to 1 EG4 18kpv in a way that will pass inspection. I've mocked up some diagrams but let me know if I'm way off base here or if there is a simpler way to do this. I didn't consider adding all 4 to the same busbar since that would involve some long cable runs (far side to center is ~18 batt width + 7 separation + 18 batt width + 3.5 to center + distance to bar = ~50in * 8 cables = 400in of 2/0).

Also, how would you add a fifth battery to the mix?

Attachments

• 1-parallel-to-victron-2-to-inverter.png
    1-parallel-to-victron-2-to-inverter.png
    126.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 2-batt-to-2-victron.png
    2-batt-to-2-victron.png
    122.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 2-parallel-to-victron-1-to-inverter.png
    2-parallel-to-victron-1-to-inverter.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 12
Drawing #2 but just use the connectors on the battery, no need for the victron bus bar.
However, this setup is not documented in the manual, only 3 batteries per inverter.
I suggest 2 batteries for inspection (keeps you under 40kwh) and add the other 2 later.
Use 2 sets of parallel kits. After inspection it will be OK to stack the batteries in front of each other rather than spreading all 4 across the wall.

I'd go drawing #2 for ease of adding additional batteries in the future.

Drawing #2 but just use the connectors on the battery, no need for the victron bus bar.
However, this setup is not documented in the manual, only 3 batteries per inverter.
I suggest 2 batteries for inspection (keeps you under 40kwh) and add the other 2 later.
I'll be placing this in the garage where the ESS limit is 80kwh.
Use 2 sets of parallel kits. After inspection it will be OK to stack the batteries in front of each other rather than spreading all 4 across the wall.
Are you suggesting connecting like shown in this post: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/paralleling-the-eg4-powerpro-wall-battery.67796/
That would be ideal and once EG4 gets those configurations approved that's what I'll be doing.

Back