diy solar

diy solar

How to run solar cables into home for 12v 100W panel to power ecoflow river 2?

keenanj

How do I run the solar cables into the home for a small panel to charge a ecoflow river 2? do I need a conduit with a turn down or is there some sort of inlet box I can use? is there a XT60 female or SAE connector I can have on the outside for a quick disconnect?

You can use pretty much any DC rated connector you like , I'd use MC4 but they can be fiddly to disconnect

Personally I wouldn't bother with a conduit I'd just run the cable outside , but you can do if you want

Last edited by a moderator:
Please read the rules. No self promotion, no affiliate links.
Honest question: I see in the code of conduct "Advertising is not allowed. Affiliate links, self-promotion, spam etc, will result in a permanent ban".

My understand of affiliate link is a specific URL that contains the affiliate's ID somehow, such as where if you buy something using that link the person/affiliate gets credit for such. Or something that would take you to their website where they would profit from your purchase. I get that.

But I don't see that keenanj's posting, nor mine, would include such a link. We were both just referring to an item we saw on the internet. I do see Amazon tends to add some tracking information on the tail end of the address to determine where you came from. For instance going to the Amazon home page, choosing Best Sellers and then clicking on an random air filtration system, Amazon added "&pd_rd_i=B07VVK39F7&psc=1" on the tail end of my link to indicate I came through their Best Sellers link. But I usually delete this from my addresses. Anything including "&" and beyond can be deleted.

keenanj actual link not what your reading but what it shows when you hold the mouse over it is one of amazons .to urls.

Those are affiliate links. I use them myself but I don't post them on this site.

My understand of affiliate link is a specific URL that contains the affiliate's ID somehow, such as where if you buy something using that link the person/affiliate gets credit for such. Or something that would take you to their website where they would profit from your purchase. I get that.

But I don't see that keenanj's posting,

I edited the posts to remove the specific affiliate part. The original used a link shorter, with this being where it pointed to (parts removed for readability, notice bolded section):

CERRXIAN-12AWG-Female-Mount-Battery/dp/B0BX7YV97F?th=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=keenan49-20&linkId=33d...

Back