diy solar

diy solar

How to solve with 512V high voltage battery system leakage?

Fellixz

I am installing a 512V high voltage battery system. However, when I connected the 50KW Deye inverter, the battery did not charge normally. The battery supplier asked me to turn on the monitoring system and found three protection messages, all from leakage protection. Check out the images below:
aa9dd7bb-315d-4fe6-8619-e12cdf9698ac.jpg
We are measuring the voltage of the positive and negative terminals of each battery and the ground wire to check whether each battery has leakage. But the result is no voltage.

The supplier asked me to disconnect all the ground wires, but it seem to not work . The battery monitoring system shows that the battery is still protected, and neither the charge/discharge relay and the pre-charge Relay is turn on.

Professionals, do you have any suggestions, Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• 1702114428797.png
    1702114428797.png
    586.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 1702114458330.png
    1702114458330.png
    517.7 KB · Views: 28
God. So no one here has any expertise in high-voltage systems?

How does your BMS detect insulation leakage? I am guessing Deye inverter is not isolated design and you are getting some detectable battery to earth leakage that trips your BMS.

Those look like custom isolated bms boxes which is required for HV designs, only the manufacture can help with this. The one thing I noticed in the image was they had negative relay selected and the bms message matches so possibly the external contactor for the pack wiring might have something to do with the error messages

How does your BMS detect insulation leakage? I am guessing Deye inverter is not isolated design and you are getting some detectable battery to earth leakage that trips your BMS.
Deye inverter also has leakage protection, when the inverter recognizes the leakage protection of the battery high pressure box, it also stops working, So the solution to this problem is to find where the leakage is, and unfortunately I checked all the battery packs, and I didn't find it.

Those look like custom isolated bms boxes which is required for HV designs, only the manufacture can help with this. The one thing I noticed in the image was they had negative relay selected and the bms message matches so possibly the external contactor for the pack wiring might have something to do with the error messages
This is 512V high voltage system, There have a high voltage control box. When I checked all the batteries, I still couldn't find the leak. In order not to detect leakage in the high voltage control box, I disconnected all the ground wires. But the problem remains. Is there a problem with the high pressure box? it will be a big trouble.

Back