diy solar

diy solar

Howdy from the Ozarks!

Ozark Tinkering

Solar Addict
I found this site by watching Will Prowse channel on Youtube and decided this might be where I need to be... I've got a 5kw rooftop system that's grid connected with Enphase micro inverters. I've been wondering if I can make them operate by creating my own mini grid with the right inverter and a set of batteries to feed the power to that my panels produce while being disconnected from the main grid? Any thoughts? Thanks! :)

Hello from southern Ozarks. My Schneider xw6848 says it will. It calls it grid support. It says the micros need to be compatible with phase shift. I think it was called. I don’t do it. There should be something out there less expensive than the Schneider to do what you need though.

That xw6848 looks pretty much like what I was thinking I will need. Thanks for the quick response! Is there a section of this site where a thread on a hybrid system like that would be located or might best be started?

IIRC, several of the newer units; mpp, growat, sma, and others, may work as a hybrid system. If they can work with the enphase micros, I do not know.

Phase shift is an interesting thing. Been watching videos of a small hydro plant and how they bring it on-line with the grid.

Back