diy solar

diy solar

I missed up please help

Those are AGM batteries, so please follow Trojan's advice about equilization, not for flooded lead-acid batteries.

This is the perfect opportunity to switch to 24V and leave 12V behind. For my own workshop, I went with three of these Rolls 8V batteries.
They are awesome, and I am very happy with them. Unless your system is on wheels, I recommend everyone to switch to at least 24V.

I have already pop the tops and check their water levels i am in the process of trying to get my money back worst case scenario I have to buy different inverter and try to sell mine thank you everybody for the help much appreciated ....best case scenario I get my money back and stick with 12 V Next scenario Say I do get my money back I have roughly $800 to spend on batteries recommendations????

Guaranteed FLA as I have them in my golf cart. Are you in Texas or Louisiana? I'll buy six of them if the price is right.

Trojan.jpg

My sales travels do not normally take me to Arkansas. $75 is about half the price of new, so unless the batteries are almost new would not be worth it to me. Sorry.

Here are my recommendation if I were in your shoes:
  • Keep the T875s are they are really good batteries, and way too heavy to ship.
  • Get a 24V inverter. The 12V inverter will have more resale value, plus is lighter to ship than the batteries.
  • Configure your panels and SCC for 24V.
  • Get a 24V-12V buck converter to run your 12v RV lights and water pump.

Like new inverter for sale make me an offer

Attachments

• B14987FF-5E77-4751-A686-698FFA9CA72C.png
    B14987FF-5E77-4751-A686-698FFA9CA72C.png
    415.2 KB · Views: 13
What Delmar said. It would be easier to sell the 12 v inverter and buy a 24 volt inverter. You can't sell the 8 volt battery. You can get some other 24 volt devises such as compressor fridge. I'm assuming you have a 24 volt charge controller with the ability to swap the panel wiring. Or just buy new GC2 batteries and eat your mistake.

Yes the charge controller will do 24 or 12 it’s a Epever with the MT 50 controller Yeah either way I’m gonna have about $800 in around 350 to 400 amp hour batteries ??‍♂️? Unless I can sell this power inverter

If you need that much inverter 3000 watts, you would be better with 24 volt system. Leave room to replace three old 8 volt battery with four new 6 volt down the line.

I would swap inverters to change to 24v, and add a switched 24-12 downconverter. It probably doesn't need to be large - the water pump usage is intermittent, and the lights probably don't pull that much. If you are concerned about the standby loss, and it doesn't have an "off" switch, then you could add a switch in front of it.

Back