diy solar

diy solar

iCharger X6 Issue?

MASolarGuy

Any1 have the iCharger X6 and have hooked it to their computer via USB? I have the input power in and the usb cable plugged in, but noting pops up on my computer and the usb icon on the iCharger doesnt light up. When I first boot up the iCharger i get the below USB error when i have the usb cable plugged in. Have tried on two different computers with various USB cables. Same result.

1598662111592.png

What version of Windows do you have? If not Windows 10, you may have to install a separate driver. You should power up the device then connect USB ... some devices enter a 'bootloader' mode if connected to USB on power on. Irrespective of whether anything happens on your computer, does the software actually work i.e. does it find the device when you click 'Scan for newly devices [sic]'.

I have one that I am about to try to connect to my computer. I have it hooked up to some old Nissan Leaf batteries to do regenerative charge/discharge but can't get it to discharge at more than 2 Amps. I am hoping the computer interface is easier. I should have that set up by tomorrow and will report back.

What version of Windows do you have? If not Windows 10, you may have to install a separate driver. You should power up the device then connect USB ... some devices enter a 'bootloader' mode if connected to USB on power on. Irrespective of whether anything happens on your computer, does the software actually work i.e. does it find the device when you click 'Scan for newly devices [sic]'.

Running windows 10. Plugging the USB in while the unit is powered on doesnt do anything unfortunetly.

...and does the software actually detect it? I'm guessing, no, if you don't get a jingle when connecting it.

Nope, no signs of life when i plug it in. No detection from windows and no USB icon on the unit itself.

Apologies for creating confusion here, that's not what I am asking. I am assuming that you have downloaded the software for your device i.e. page 30 on your user manual. This software has a detection feature, I was wondering whether the software actually detects the device.

The reason I say this is because I have had USB devices that use generic libraries (like libusb.dll) and don't pop up like normal devices devices do, but they are actually connected (doesn't explain why no USB indicator, granted). Just trying to test all options before resigning to 'it's broke' diagnosis.

It tried that as well with no luck. Ive monitored device manager for any new devices as I plugged it in as well.

1598748568914.png

I got my computer hooked up and I got the same screen as posted above. The only thing I tried was to start recording and it gave me some data on a cell that I had hooked up and was discharging. The console may just be a data logger. I was hoping it was a set up program as well because that would be easier that that little wheel with my big fingers.;)
I will keep playing with it and post if I find out anything else. I did load it from the provided CD.

I final thought from me, have your tried connecting it via a hub and directly to the PC? I once had a USB external drive that came up as 'Unrecognised device' connecting it directly to the computer but worked fine connecting it via a hub.

I got my computer hooked up and I got the same screen as posted above. The only thing I tried was to start recording and it gave me some data on a cell that I had hooked up and was discharging. The console may just be a data logger. I was hoping it was a set up program as well because that would be easier that that little wheel with my big fingers.;)
I will keep playing with it and post if I find out anything else. I did load it from the provided CD.

You should be able to update the software. That should'nt require an output, just an Input to turn it on. I would think Windows would need to detect it as a device before the software could see it. Do you have the little USB icon lit up on the charger (#20 below)
1598749605747.png

I final thought from me, have your tried connecting it via a hub and directly to the PC? I once had a USB external drive that came up as 'Unrecognised device' connecting it directly to the computer but worked fine connecting it via a hub.

I tried that as well, no luck. I think i got a dud..

Yes the icon is lit up on the charger. I checked firmware and am on V2.09 which was updated August 2019.
Time to read the manual and see if I can figure it out.

Do you have a battery plugged into the input and the output? Or just the input?

Do you have a battery plugged into the input and the output? Or just the input?
Both and I have the program running manually from the iCharger to discharge that cell just to see if that did anything. All it did when I hit record was show me some data. I think I will read the manual again.

Last edited:
Both and I have the program running manually from the iCharger to discharge that cell just to see if that did anything. All it did when I hit record was show me some data. I think I will read the manual again.

When you plugged the usb cord into your laptop, did windows detect it?

When you plugged the usb cord into your laptop, did windows detect it?
I may have plugged it in first then run the setup program which detected it when I opened the program. I don't recall windows coming up with a detection notice. I did have to over ride some screens that warned me about running that program.
Did you get Junsi Console running on your computer?

i got the console running, but it doesnt see the device and i have no USB icon lit up on the device. Ive filed for a return. Somethings wonky with this unit.

Back