diy solar

diy solar

Ideas for getting bus bars this week?

learntorv

I realized I've waited until the last possible minute to finish assembling my cells. I need to get bus bars this week but don't have a workshop in order to work from, so my tools are very basic. Vice grip, hammer, hand power drill. I ultimately want to order flexible bus bars using links I've found on here, but the slow shipping won't be here until November. I have most of the busbars that I need from my initial battery order (they're not great but working sufficiently for now).

Given all of that, I think I need to order temporary/inexpensive bus bars. Does anyone have any links that would ship next week to Oklahoma or Texas?

I have enough bars for 2 separate 16 cell battery packs (48v system). But my plan calls for every 2 cells in parallel and then those 16 sets in series (2P16S). I don’t have enough busbars to make the all of the connections.

I’ve ended up reaching out to Amy at Docan and ordered 15 of their flexible bars. It was cheaper than doubling up on their inexpensive fixed bars.

So, I’m good for now.

Back