diy solar

diy solar

Are these LF280k? & How many amps are stock bus bars rated for?

I am rabbit hole reading a bunch of posts on diysf

I also emailed EVE a pic and question, not sure if they will respind or be helpful.

Peeled back the black cap. Jezus that glue is hard to dissolve/clean

Smaller qr code
23218HF06441

Attachments

• 20240123_131955.jpg
    20240123_131955.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 42
Better pic of qr code
Also, sticker on the sid
The result for your QR Code below. That smaller number is an "in production" number.
Given these have posts and aren't dual terminal, they are the end of the V2 cells. You are fine, these are good cells and don't worry about it much more. The next step, is to top charge them to 3.650 and amps taken drops to 14.0A. Allow them to sit in parallel and note the voltage drop (normal settling for LFP) every hour, for 3 hours... they should settle around 3.400 to 3.450 +/- a bit. You can then separate the cells and rearrange them into series for packs.

If you have a battery tester like a YR1035+ it would also be to your benefit to check the cell voltages & IR as they settle. Knowing what the Internal Resistance is doing is important. The Working Voltage Range for LFP is 3.000-3.400 which is the range that actually delivers the AH rating. Most folks with good matched cells (Identical IR at every 0.100 V point) will use from 2.750 to 3.450 allowing for post charge settling. There really isn't much point going higher or lower because those are the cliffs to the curve. That just stresses the cells for no reason.

1706037917074.png

I am rabbit hole reading a bunch of posts on diysf

I also emailed EVE a pic and question, not sure if they will respind or be helpful.

Peeled back the black cap. Jezus that glue is hard to dissolve/clean

Smaller qr code
23218HF06441

Fakest QR CODE EVER. Those are grade B, 10000000% B.

What did your seller tell you? If he told you they are grade B then you have nothing to complain about, but if they told you they are grade A new then he/she lied.

If they lied:

Tell them you want all of your money back and you are not returning the cells because it is illegal to ship counterfeit items in your country.

Yes scam the scammer, keep the cells and get money back is the only justice for these people.

I would say I feel bad, but I don't because you should have asked here first before buying not afterwards.
Don't cry for me.....Alkalineeeeh (you have to sing that in your head for it to make sense)
But thank you for your help and advice! and that is sincere

The result for your QR Code below........
Aye, I had decoded that already, and noticed that it doesn't match the white sticker on the side's date
Alkaline had pointed out that the white sticker is often a sign of a relasered B cell in another thread

I agree about the voltage ranges, on my current 2p8s Eve280 pack I believe I have LVC at 3.15 and HVC at 3.65 on the bms and I have my pack to float at 27.1. I forget exactly, but I have it written down on a sheet *in my equipment compartment*. I know I used more conservative numbers to increase lifespan. I don't really care if these are B grade, as long as I'm compensated for it. Ordering direct from china comes with risks, and I had done some searching before dealing with this company and had a decent level of confidence.

Whatever happens, I'll report back, though
Thank you!

Fakest QR CODE EVER. Those are grade B, 10000000% B.

What did your seller tell you? If he told you they are grade B then you have nothing to complain about, but if they told you they are grade A new then he/she lied.

If they lied:

Tell them you want all of your money back and you are not returning the cells because it is illegal to ship counterfeit items in your country.

Yes scam the scammer, keep the cells and get money back is the only justice for these people.
1706040172195.png1706040248897.png
He said they were Batterotech BLT280's
But they are qr coded (fake) Eve....

I thought they I just misunderstood something.

I still have 1 more box and the bms's to receive

And then I'll lodge a complaint.

Advice on how to proceed with assurance and alibaba is welcome

Getting a refund might be a little tricky, but you can always report the seller for fraudulent listings. Vendors that sell counterfeit items to unsuspecting people make Alibaba look bad, and they actually will occasionally suspend their vendor account.

Alibaba will say "work it out with your seller"

You should say I will file a charge back with my credit card (tell me you paid with a credit or paypal at least).

But I want to hear the nice story the scammer will say, I predict first they will deny, then they will offer a pathetic discount/cell, then they will start crying about how they are poor and need to feed the family, finally they will get hostile.

Never drop the dispute!

I used my credit union's credit/bank card (mastercard) and my bank is *really good* about fraud/etc

Now I"m chomping at the bit to get these other 2 boxes ups delivery today. I got 5 of them yesterday.

I used my credit union's credit/bank card (mastercard) and my bank is *really good* about fraud/etc

Now I"m chomping at the bit to get these other 2 boxes ups delivery today. I got 5 of them yesterday.

Lodge your complaint with Alibaba today! My boxes with cells from China arrived across 2 days with DPD in the UK, Alibaba saw the first 2 of four were delivered and the same day closed the complaint window and updated the delivery as fully delivered, even though I didn't have all the boxes yet!

My other battery case delivery was also updated as delivered the same day they arrived and the assurance thing they have closed, it's stupid they don't give you any time, so do it now, the seller can't stop the courier from delivering the rest anyway.

Interesting @interestingfellow ,so you ordered 280ah battery-tech and got cells with EVE QR codes?

They didn't happen to be these, did they?

Interesting @interestingfellow ,so you ordered 280ah battery-tech and got cells with EVE QR codes?

They didn't happen to be these, did they?
Mine a re Really similar looking to those. I posted pics of my baateries on 1st page of this thread

Agent showed me pdf for bt280
Made the sales slip for eve lf280k
And sent me probably grade b with redone qr codes

Mine a re Really similar looking to those. I posted pics of my baateries on 1st page of this thread

Agent showed me pdf for bt280
Made the sales slip for eve lf280k
And sent me probably grade b with redone qr codes
I've been running 32 EVE 'grade A' LF230s that are apparently grade B with fake codes for over a year with zero issues....
Top balance them and see if they perform.

I've been running 32 EVE 'grade A' LF230s that are apparently grade B with fake codes for over a year with zero issues....
Top balance them and see if they perform.
OH, Nah, these are absolutely gonna get installed/used. I already have 16 eve280s that are 2 years+ old. I'm expanding my bank.
The question is if I got what I paid for and if I'm going to get any money back for tye fraud

..... you should have asked here first before buying not afterwards.
LOL.... I just checked my other EVE cell's qr codes and they all seem to be clean and legit
8 came from Jenny Wu/ExlipoRC
and 8 came from *THIS SELLER* in two orders of 4 batteries each order. They seem legit/authentic. QR Codes from both companies attached

I got the 4 BMS and WNT boards today as well as the last of the prismatic cells

I'm debating on how to proceed/what to say to the rep.

Obviously I'm not comfortable with the newest qr codes as they are have been covered up/fraud, but I do plan on using these cells

Attachments

• Image312727743470261206.jpg
    Image312727743470261206.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Image3602297688462769825.jpg
    Image3602297688462769825.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Image4375534826423807493.jpg
    Image4375534826423807493.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Image8130190966308025456.jpg
    Image8130190966308025456.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 13
OMG
I'm learning so much about fraudent qr codes

here is a comparison of one of my batteries qr codes against a genuine eve grade b qr code

and the AUDACITY

My sales agent is telling me that my qr code is the same as all the other qr codes and posted the other pic
Bruh. You can literally see the old qr code under thier qr code IN HIS PIC THAT HE SENT ME1706331618466.png

Attachments

• db fake.jpg
    db fake.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 17
Alibaba will say "work it out with your seller"

You should say I will file a charge back with my credit card (tell me you paid with a credit or paypal at least).

But I want to hear the nice story the scammer will say, I predict first they will deny, then they will offer a pathetic discount/cell, then they will start crying about how they are poor and need to feed the family, finally they will get hostile.

Never drop the dispute!
Alkaline, how do I *know* what a legit Eve Qr code looks like? I'm not doubting that they have burned over the original QR code, but if I go to my bank, then I want to be able to say "here is a legit qr code and how we know it's legit; and here is the fake qr code and we know that it's fake because <x>"

Is there a document from Eve or something like that? I need to be able to *prove it to my bank

You're not wrong; first he denied it being fake, offered that pic above of a fake qr code and said it was from another person who ordered directly from eve, then he went into what slim profit margins they have, and how little he makes on commission, and now I told him to prove to me that it's authentic/untampered with

thank you for all the help/info, btw

LOL.... I just checked my other EVE cell's qr codes and they all seem to be clean and legit
and 8 came from *THIS SELLER* in two orders of 4 batteries each order. They seem legit/authentic. QR Codes from both companies attached

Obviously I'm not comfortable with the newest qr codes as they are have been covered up/fraud, but I do plan on using these cells
Those battery cells in your pictures. Are some from Jenny Wu?

Sorry but no, even your cells with intact qr codes are grade B. This is because it was 2022 before EVE started marking grade B cells are B, previously they did not do this so it was a scammers paradise very hard to tell the difference between grade A and B in 2021 and earlier as the qr codes were the same. EVE put a stop to this by marking cells with a B so now scammers are back to the usual tricks of counterfeiting qr codes.

Your cell Date code is 9A8

which means it was made in on 8th January 2020. You can verify it with the qr code scanner. Yeah that was grade B too.

https://diysolarforum.com/threads/are-we-all-getting-grade-b-cells.39156/ Here is a thread discussing, basically grade A comes with a manufacturer test report that lists the test results for each cell individually. Without it it will be a B.

Many people are shocked by the revelation of the scam, HOW COULD THEY? They ask, well I felt same way being scammed twice, once by Xuba and then by Basen, since then I have been a Holy Crusade against the scammers.

Back