diy solar

diy solar

I'm just starting: got the LV6048

DRBone

I have,
10) 240w sun power panels.
1) MPP Solar PIP-LV6048 on the way...
I don't have any Batteries yet...: I am considering the EG4 PowerPro 48V (any Suggestions)

Our batteries are next.... I'm handy but not proficient in electricity probably could build them if it was budget friendly. I would love a recommendation.

please Help, how should I configure the panels? I was thinking I could put 5 sets of 2 panels in parallel for 81v x 29.65A = 2401.65w In to chargers should we wire the 2401.65watts into 1 charger or split between the 2 chargers in the LV6048? both have 80amps 4KW x 2 PV inputs.
I know it's a small array but will it work until I get more panels?
not (Trying) to be cheap..., I've been off work for 6+ months due to a strike that's affecting The Film industry (Actors) so i am severely limited for funds at the moment.

Can anyone tell me if I'm on the right track to being able to supply my home with backup power using these?
Also I have a Tesla Model Y and id like to charge it at 20-25amps when the sun is out and save any extra for the Batt/House.
I saw Will's Youtube post on this but I could not tell what battery to use.
I am trying to do this correctly while keeping costs down.

any help or advise will be greatly appreciated.

below are the Data Sheets for the ALL-IN-ONE and the PANELS

Aloha Dave B... Thanks for reading

Literally my first post on this forum and I'm not sure if I'm asking correctly the questions Im asking...LOL be kind please.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 12.15.51 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 12.15.51 PM.png
    906.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 12.17.13 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 12.17.13 PM.png
    426.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
The battery: have you done an energy audit? Batteries are expensive but there’s benefits that aren’t always or necessarily monetary. What is your storage/use time goal?

Gotta know where you’re headed in order to arrive there.

Solar panel: if you wire 3 series (has Voc 48.6V) that would already exceed the 145V open circuit voltage using your 240W solar panels. maybe you can try and set it up like 2S3P on one input and 2S2P on another input. (total of 10) this is just a suggestion of course. Voltage is a critical value and we should not try and exceed the specifications as much as possible.

Back