diy solar

diy solar

LV6048 will no longer charge EV

TheCoachStone

Hey guys,

I have a LV6048 with 4 100ah LiTime and a 16s 100aH system both at 48 volts. I took the LiTimes off, because I needed to test something else. Last night, I plugged in my EV and went to bed - the 16s was around 54% charged. I woke up and the truck was at 1%. I walked outside and the truck was not charging. I unplugged the ev charger, and, after a couple seconds, the LV6048 restarted. When I plugged the truck back in the LV6048 cut off again.

I'm guessing that I am pulling too many amps for the LV6048 now, but I am confused as to why. Why does another 48v 100 aH make a difference? If it needs more power, then why does it not just start using line power? Do I have a setting wrong?

Also, is there a minimum aH to support a certain number of amps of output?

A typical LFP battery made up of prismatic cells is limited to 1C continuous discharge rate (100A) and the BMS would be set at this value which would limit the inverter to under 5,000W. Also, if the quoted starting point of the battery is only 54% SoC it wouldn't take long for a large load to drain it to the point of the voltage falling to the LVCO setting, whatever that is?

Back