diy solar

diy solar

Im losing my mind!!

Yeah I plugged in a small space heater, it ran but definitely buzzed. Time for a Pure Sine Wave inverter.

Yeah MSW inverters have their uses, but I wouldn't be plugging a macbook into that inverter (that charger looks suspiciously like the one that came with my mac).

Yeah thats what it is, just had in in for a few minutes to try. Anyone want a cheap 24v inverter?

Yeah thats what it is, just had in in for a few minutes to try. Anyone want a cheap 24v inverter?
If you're looking for a replacement and can get away w slightly less wattage, there's an eBay seller listing 24V Xantrex Prosine 1800's (110V w GFI Outlets) for $615 ... slightly half what they go for new everywhere else. Picked one up last week and can attest to "new in box" condition. It's a pretty sweet, well built, true sine wave HF inverter.

If you're looking for a replacement and can get away w slightly less wattage, there's an eBay seller listing 24V Xantrex Prosine 1800's (110V w GFI Outlets) for $615 ... slightly half what they go for new everywhere else. Picked one up last week and can attest to "new in box" condition. It's a pretty sweet, well built, true sine wave HF inverter.
I picked up the one and installed it yesterday (see below, amazon $319), so far works great, all the issues stated above posts are now gone.

SO TO SUMMARIZE THIS THREAD:

1. 8s config not charging, this was because of solar panel configuration, reconfigured to increase voltage to over 25V and its been charging ever since.

2. 24v inverter not charging and doing weird things. This was because I inadvertently purchased a modified sine wave inverter instead of a pure sine wave inverter. swapped to a pure sine wave inverter and it works perfectly.

Thanks everyone for their help! I am going to now duplicate this system on my trailer and my motorhome and get rid on those agm's

IMG_2894.JPG
IMG_5692.JPG

Excellent! Congratulations. Thanks for following up and giving info about your solution!

Excellent! Congratulations. Thanks for following up and giving info about your solution!
And thanks again for all your help along the way! its great to have the system functioning as it should, ive learned a lot and thats what it all about.

diy solar

diy solar
Back