diy solar

diy solar

Interesting poll results! Sol Ark VS Signature Solar

And am now into a week's debacle, just trying to purchase a product from SS. When they put me into their Fraud detection loop, because I used a different shipping address than business(CC) address, and then left it there, I had them cancel the order... Now still waiting for funds refund to bank... four days later. No other business takes this long to refund, assuming they have actually cancelled the transaction. I guess we'll start the project after the vacation. 10Kw batteries charged with no where to go!!! Too bad, it would have been a cool project for SS to be attached to.

And am now into a week's debacle, just trying to purchase a product from SS. When they put me into their Fraud detection loop, because I used a different shipping address than business(CC) address, and then left it there, I had them cancel the order... Now still waiting for funds refund to bank... four days later. No other business takes this long to refund, assuming they have actually cancelled the transaction. I guess we'll start the project after the vacation. 10Kw batteries charged with no where to go!!! Too bad, it would have been a cool project for SS to be attached to.
Consider yourself lucky.

9/26/23. Edit: Signature Solar provided great customer service, tech support and we arrived at a fair resolution. I highly recommend them now and what a stress relief! Thank you!

Last edited:
I have been trying to get hold of Signature Solar since September 19, 2023, where I get a phone not in service message. I purchased the EG4 18k and 6 LifePo4 batteries in the new rack enclosure 2 months ago. Everything worked as expected and the quality of the rack with the new buss bars is fantastic. The promptly shipped a cable that was missing. Service was great. Now the dongle went bad. I think they were good honest people, and probably more honest than the bankers they were using....

I have been trying to get hold of Signature Solar since September 19, 2023, where I get a phone not in service message. I purchased the EG4 18k and 6 LifePo4 batteries in the new rack enclosure 2 months ago. Everything worked as expected and the quality of the rack with the new buss bars is fantastic. The promptly shipped a cable that was missing. Service was great. Now the dongle went bad. I think they were good honest people, and probably more honest than the bankers they were using....
I will highly recommend them after today’s experience!

Against my better judgement, I've re-ordered the same EG4 refurbished 6k, from SS, after getting them to refund the first attempt. Keeping my fingers crossed, but after it listed and charged a shipping charge, the order now shows customer pickup. ?‍♂️ They are the only one that has this model, which I'm interested in trying. At the price, if it's a total debacle, there isn't quite so much to lose. Not holding my breath for much customer support, or an uneventful delivery even.

Against my better judgement, I've re-ordered the same EG4 refurbished 6k, from SS, after getting them to refund the first attempt. Keeping my fingers crossed, but after it listed and charged a shipping charge, the order now shows customer pickup. ?‍♂️ They are the only one that has this model, which I'm interested in trying. At the price, if it's a total debacle, there isn't quite so much to lose. Not holding my breath for much customer support, or an uneventful delivery even.
Also look at LVX6048.
They are all made by voltronic.

Kind of questioning your 4 days to get your refund back to the bank. Do you mean 4 days past from the time signature solar process their end of the transaction? Or did it take 4 days for you to get them to talk to you because for example if I buy something at home Depot today with my credit card realize it is not the right thing and take it back the exact same day it takes three to four days for the credit card companies to get the money to my bank. It's not always the company you purchased from but also the credit card companies processing times. I guess even though I've never purchased from signature solar I understand sometimes the banking and credit card hassles that we go through as business people

Kind of questioning your 4 days to get your refund back to the bank. Do you mean 4 days past from the time signature solar process their end of the transaction? Or did it take 4 days for you to get them to talk to you because for example if I buy something at home Depot today with my credit card realize it is not the right thing and take it back the exact same day it takes three to four days for the credit card companies to get the money to my bank. It's not always the company you purchased from but also the credit card companies processing times. I guess even though I've never purchased from signature solar I understand sometimes the banking and credit card hassles that we go through as business people
It did hit the next day, I think. It's definitely the slowest refund process I have had in a good while. I did end up re-ordering it from SS, as they were the only option. It's a refurbished unit 6000EX, so we'll see how it goes. I think, with a refurbished unit, I need to set my expectations pretty low on support. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Back