diy solar

diy solar

Inverter alarm push notification via wifi to email or text

Jiyuu

Retired. Hydro Operator. Northern CA
Greetings. I have a residential system and can view my output via the Sunpower app. I would like to add a device that can plug into the input of the inverter panel alarm light (for example). When the alarm comes in the device will send a push notification to my email or text to notify me of the alarm. I have searched this site to a degree and I have only found full function monitoring systems via wifi which for my needs is overkill. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Regards. Todd

One option might be to use a smart device such as a window / door open sensor that connects to a smart home system. Eg HomeKit or smart things or home assistant.

You could then use a relay from your alarm circuit to trigger the sensor and thus trigger the push.

Or. Look for a relay that works with something like home assistant and set up a push based on the relay status, driven by your alarm signal.

Perhaps you can better describe the alarm condition you want to track. Is it simply loss of power?

One option might be to use a smart device such as a window / door open sensor that connects to a smart home system. Eg HomeKit or smart things or home assistant.

You could then use a relay from your alarm circuit to trigger the sensor and thus trigger the push.

Or. Look for a relay that works with something like home assistant and set up a push based on the relay status, driven by your alarm signal.

Perhaps you can better describe the alarm condition you want to track. Is it simply loss of power?
Thanks for the reply. I have not even cracked the inverter case to see what voltage is being used for the alarm circuit? Your comments made me think that it may be a good idea to back engineer the problem. As far as a specific condition, my current intermittent alarm is Electric arc detected and check DC generator. In the end I would want to know if Any alarm comes in not a specific item or issue.

I do this using my test Growatt inverter, Solar Assistant, and Home Assistant. Was just testing this out. Also alert on SOC or voltage. Many different things.

IMG_4398.jpeg

I do this using my test Growatt inverter, Solar Assistant, and Home Assistant. Was just testing this out. Also alert on SOC or voltage. Many different things.

View attachment 187687
I will look into the Growatt products. I currently do not have a "secure power supply" outlet. It may be the case that if it is completely supplied by the PV panels on and off grid I may simply need a loss of power outlet plug alarm with wifi? I have contacted the company that supplied the system to provide more information. Thanks for the reply. Regards. Todd

I will look into the Growatt products. I currently do not have a "secure power supply" outlet. It may be the case that if it is completely supplied by the PV panels on and off grid I may simply need a loss of power outlet plug alarm with wifi? I have contacted the company that supplied the system to provide more information. Thanks for the reply. Regards. Todd
I would not get a Growatt, just saying many things can be done. This is just a 3 year old test system that I have interactive notifications on.

Back