diy solar

diy solar

Inverter problem

wyattamdahl

I have two 206ah batteries in parallel. I have a 3,000 watt Renogy inverter. When i turn the inverter on it beeps constantly. I believe that this warns that voltage is too low. My renogy dc-dc charger with mppt says that its drawing 140 watts but still at 13.9 volts when trying to turn on, and 14.4 volts when turned off. Anyone have an idea of what is wrong?

Attachments

• C56CF1E2-D8C6-4FD0-8AD1-B7B3A3FA128D.jpeg
    C56CF1E2-D8C6-4FD0-8AD1-B7B3A3FA128D.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 22
So that’s like a 10A load?
Does it fire up with everything disconnected?

When i turn the inverter on it beeps constantly. I believe that this warns that voltage is too low.
Does the manual come with a troubleshooting section? It should explain exactly what the beeping means.

Have you used a volt meter to measure the actual voltage going into the inverter?

What gauge wires did you use between the batteries and inverter?

Focus on one piece at a time. Disconnect the charge controller and 12V fuse box so only the inverter is connected. Get that worked out. Then disconnect the inverter and reconnect the charge controller and get that worked out. Much easier to isolate the problem when only one thing at a time is connected.

Hi,
I am really more like a beginner but the 250A fuse you use for the inverter, shouldn't that rather be a 300A fuse?
Please correct me if I am wrong... I am still learning ;)

I would say you have a real problem! Are you really connecting inverter NET to panel NEG? SUPER BAD. Beeping, it should be smoking.

I would say you have a real problem! Are you really connecting inverter NET to panel NEG? SUPER BAD. Beeping, it should be smoking.
Idk where you saw this but i have the neg from solar panel to charge controller common neg. to bus bar, to battery. The inverter is connected to the bus bar.

Hi,
I am really more like a beginner but the 250A fuse you use for the inverter, shouldn't that rather be a 300A fuse?
Please correct me if I am wrong... I am still learning ;)
I wont be using more than 2,500 watts ever. So i think it should be fine. I have a 300 from battery as well

Does the manual come with a troubleshooting section? It should explain exactly what the beeping means.

Have you used a volt meter to measure the actual voltage going into the inverter?

What gauge wires did you use between the batteries and inverter?

Focus on one piece at a time. Disconnect the charge controller and 12V fuse box so only the inverter is connected. Get that worked out. Then disconnect the inverter and reconnect the charge controller and get that worked out. Much easier to isolate the problem when only one thing at a time is connected.
I believe the manual says beeping means low voltage.
i have not used a volt meter
I am using 2/0 wire
I will try hooking the inverter directly to the batteries and see if that works. Obviously with a breaker for safty

there currently is no loads on the inverter. just three extension cords going to where appliances will eventually be
In that case, we need to know what the voltage is as measured with a DVM right at the inverter DC terminals while trying to power up.

Back