diy solar

diy solar

Inverter RS485 VPP Setting on Growatt SPH3600

Beastie_MCCXIX

Hey, a noob here trying setup solar assistant.

In the settings it states - In your inverter settings. Set the RS485 port setting to VPP mode.

I cannot find any instructions on how to do this.. can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks

It's not in my manual. Hold down the "OK" button for 10 seconds to enter setup mode, then scroll down to the "RS 485" setting and press OK. in there you can switch from Battery to VPP. At least that's what I see on my SPH5000

Awesome, thanks. I'll give that a go ??
Hi , Did you managed to get this sorted out? I have a SPH6000 and all I see in the RS485 setting is battery.
It's not in my manual. Hold down the "OK" button for 10 seconds to enter setup mode, then scroll down to the "RS 485" setting and press OK. in there you can switch from Battery to VPP. At least that's what I see on my SPH5000
Any help, please here is what is in the RS485 settings on my SPH6000, am I doing something wrong?

Hey, when you get to the RS485 setting, press ok again it will flash and the use the down arrow to change it and press ok to save.

Hey, when you get to the RS485 setting, press ok again it will flash and the use the down arrow to change it and press ok to save.
You my friend are a star. Managed to get it working with Pin 4 and 5 on the RS485 adapter. Much appreciated.

@Beastie_MCCXIX Quick one, what cable did you use? I'm trying to connect a Seplos BMS up to the Growatt and I'm looking for which pins on the Growatts RJ45 socket correspond to A and B on RS485. Am I correct in assuming from the above post that you used 4 and 5 to the RS485 adapter?

Hi Guys,

i need your help, i bought a Rosen Battery system and on this battery is installed a Seplos BMS but RS485 not CAN.

So is possible to connect the Battery via RS485 to Growatt SPH ?

The PINOUT from Seplos is 1/8 = RS485B and 2/7 = RS485A , Ground 3/6

By Growatt it is PIN4 RS485B
PIN5 RS485A
PIN2 Ground

is there anybody who installed a 48 V Battery with Seplos via RS 485 to his inverter and can help me?

thanks for your help

regards

Ralf

Attachments​

• inverter-growatt-sph-pinout-b40252e5543bc2f6fa70f7e2b71f896a.png
    inverter-growatt-sph-pinout-b40252e5543bc2f6fa70f7e2b71f896a.png
    23 KB · Views: 0

That's the setup I mistakenly bought (seplos RS485 BMS). But according to seplos support their growatt protocol only works on CAN. So you need a CAN based BMS to connect it to a Growatt. The Growatt uses RS485 for communicating with growatt batteries or other inverters.

You my friend are a star. Managed to get it working with Pin 4 and 5 on the RS485 adapter. Much appreciated.
Hi @dejavu, @Beastie_MCCXIX - I bought https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JVG6H2K and crimped black wire to Pin 2, yellow to Pin 4 and orange to Pin 5 on RJ45. Changed the RS485 port settings on my Growatt SPH-6000TL to VPP, but no data is incoming when connected to the COM port through PuTTy. Should I see any data? Should I have ignored the black wire, like the rest of them?

Edit: the cable works as expected with Solar Assistant, crimped only yellow and orange wires.

Last edited:
Back