diy solar

diy solar

Inverter transfer switch wiring with converter

Mikeinreno

I am on 30amp setup in my travel trailer and installed a 2000w inverter hard wired to auto transfer switch. Converter has its own 15 amp breaker in WFCO power panel. I want converter to only get power when shore power is connected. Can I leave black wire from converter connected to 15 amp breaker in panel and move converter white wire from bus bar in WFCO power panel to shore power side of transfer switch, will that power converter only if the shore power is switched? I have seen others rewire converter bypassing the 15amp breaker and just adding a 15amp 125v fuse inline. But if I have the 15amp breaker can I just leave that as is? Thank you for your time.

Allowing power to the breaker and switching the neutral is not allowed by NEC. Need to move both wires or none. OK to switch the breaker off as needed.

Allowing power to the breaker and switching the neutral is not allowed by NEC. Need to move both wires or none. OK to switch the breaker off as needed.
Thank you, I needed that. I will pull it and run a dedicated 15amp breaker away from panel or see if I can find a 15amp 125v fuse with housing, thanks again I thought that sounded too easy.

Back