diy solar

diy solar

IP 22 charger

Chaucer

Hi,

I have a new IP22 victron charger.

When I plug it in to AC voltage, there are no lights nor 12V on the output.

I've checked the fuse and it's good.

Any resets or anything else to check or is it defective?

Thank you

Only thing I can think is if it's in user mode you wouldn't see any of the options selected but should still see absorb light turn on if nothing is connected to terminals.

Well that sucks. Better test the one I just got then. Side note have you used a battery protect?

Nope. I should though. It's in my future.

Now that I'm running Starlink via DC, I have a lot more DC loads than before. Before starlink, all I needed was about 20W of DC. Since my bank is good for about 3-4 days, and I have exceptional PV conditions, it's never been close to being an issue, BUT I should have something in place, especially once we're there regularly and using more loads.

Now that I'm running Starlink via DC, I have a lot more DC loads than before. Before starlink, all I needed was about 20W of DC. Since my bank is good for about 3-4 days, and I have exceptional PV conditions, it's never been close to being an issue, BUT I should have something in place, especially once we're there regularly and using more loads.
I'm trying to disconnect the LFP bank from the CG2 bank during storage so the stock converter can maintain the FLA bank.. I'm looking at a Ideal diode type circuit but it requires lower voltage on the protect side to work. Do not want to pop the battery protect in the process. Guess I will mock up the system completely this week end and test.

6.3.3. Disabling Bluetooth
It is possible to totally disable Bluetooth communication if desired, using a Bluetooth enabled device (such as a mobile phone or
tablet) with the VictronConnect app.
Typically, there is no need to disable Bluetooth since unauthorised access is protected with a PIN code, but certain situations may
warrant it for an even higher level of security.
To disable Bluetooth:
1. Connect the AC power cable to a mains power outlet; after a short delay, the LEDs indicating the current charge mode and
charge state will illuminate.
2. Using a Bluetooth enabled device (such as a mobile phone or tablet), open the VictronConnect app and locate the Blue
Smart IP22 Charger in the 'LOCAL' page device list, then connect to the device (default Bluetooth PIN code is 000000).
3. Select the ‘Setting’ icon (gear in the top right corner) to access the 'Settings' page.
4. Select the 'device options' icon (three vertical dots in the top right corner) to access the ‘device options’ menu.
5. Select 'Product info’ to access the 'Product info' page.
Blue Smart IP2

6.3.4. Re-enabling Bluetooth
It is possible to re-enable Bluetooth communication using the MODE button on the charger.
To re-enable Bluetooth:
1. Connect the AC power cable to a mains power outlet; after a short delay, the LEDs indicating the current charge mode and
charge state will illuminate.
2. Depress and hold the MODE button on the Blue Smart IP22 Charger for 10 seconds.
3. All charge mode LEDs will blink twice to indicate that Bluetooth has been successf

Here is a update. I mocked up the system to compete software updates and test the inverter at 1050 watts for over a hour and at the same time running the AC charger. Pulled out the heat gun ( found a connection issue ) and checked everything over. When testing the battery protect I found that the voltage output dropped to .6 volts and settled to .360 volts. So with a MOSFET type ideal diode circuit I will be able to disconnect the CG2 bank during storage.

Back