diy solar

diy solar

Is a HelTec 1.2a good active balancer?

Did more research and it seems JK is highly recommended so I ordered a JK-B1A/2A16S in the 2a active balance should be okay for a 48v 280ah battery with JBD BMS

Does that JK active balancer turn on and off automatically or is it on all the time?

The JK Active Balancing only turns on balancing when the set conditions are met, once met it turns off.
A general guideline for active balancers is to use 1A per 100AH capacity.

Speeder lists a JK unit that appears similar to the Hankzor stand alone active balancer, from my quick reading I can’t seem to see and sort of controls.

That unit isn’t a BMS with active balancer

Neey 4a smart balancer has full manageability when it turns on and off ,

Make sure your BMS can steer the active balancer or it will bring disbalance to your entire battery

Speeder lists a JK unit that appears similar to the Hankzor stand alone active balancer, from my quick reading I can’t seem to see and sort of controls.

That unit isn’t a BMS with active balancer
This is the unit I bought. The $ 83.00 with adapter.I have been reading up trying to learn. I think I can use this unit on two 48v lfp battery packs , a 5kw wall unit and a home built 48v 280ah 16s lfp battery connected in parallel. Both batteries have minimal passive balancing.

This is the unit I bought. The $ 83.00 with adapter.I have been reading up trying to learn. I think I can use this unit on two 48v lfp battery packs , a 5kw wall unit and a home built 48v 280ah 16s lfp battery connected in parallel. Both batteries have minimal passive balancing.
They neey is an excellent balancer, if you set it up correctly
Start : 3.45
Stop : 3.37
Diff 0.005
Lpf

They recently started adding a config password ..

diy solar

diy solar
Back