diy solar

diy solar

Is this the correct daly common port BMS ? or is it mis labeled and it's a separate port ?

backwash

good day. so I ordered a couple of 200a 4S common port BMS's and they are in fact labeled like that. However. I'm concerned that they might be mis labeled as it has the 3rd connector on it for a separate port BMS. -or- they're just using the same case for each model. any one have any info to share on this ? thank you !

Attachments

• IMG_0182.jpg
    IMG_0182.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 27
they are all built the same, so this connector is probably not connected.

That seems to be the correct common port model. I've ordered exactly the same model from the official Daly store and my common port BMS also has the three connectors. It looks exactly the same as on your photo.

That seems to be the correct common port model. I've ordered exactly the same model from the official Daly store and my common port BMS also has the three connectors. It looks exactly the same as on your photo.
thank you !
Dave..

The ONLY way you are going to get more than 100A out of that one is if you have a VERY GOOD HEATSINK .. those Daly's - although well made - that particular one heated up pretty good when we started pushing 125 ... I just can't see it lasting with above 100A without a heatsink ..

Was thinking the same thing which is why I spec'd out the overall circuit with that in mind. (ie: derating the 200a daly BMS) I will have two 280ah LiFePO4 batteries in parallel. max circuit draw is for a 3Kw inverter (4/0 cabling). 3kw at 13v is 230amps. over the two batteries that would be 115 amps from each. but that is worst case. Typically when we run the 5th wheel we're well under 1kw. which will be < 40amps from each battery/BMS. we did a 3kw inverter because it's wired to 1/2 of the 50a circuit / distribution block in the 5th wheel ( L1 ). L2 is connected the standard way to shore power. Rewiring the distribution block was an easy/nice/painless way to incorporate the inverter thru the trailer. might be too much info but that is the overall gyst of things.

Back