diy solar

diy solar

Jackery 2000 to MC4 connectors 1200 watt

ms314

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has experience with charging a Jackery 2000 from solar panels other than Jackery panels? The Jackery 2000 can supposedly support 1.2kW of solar, more than any comparable brand I've seen, but I haven't found adapters from the input to MC4. I looked through other threads on here that are looking for the same thing with mixed success (https://diysolarforum.com/threads/w...ry-1500-dc-input-connector.22039/#post-289354), but I haven't found anyone who has utilized the full 1.2kW charging capacity without buying the overpriced Jackery brand solar panels. Any help is much appreciated!

(I know Bluetti and other brands might be more compatible with MC4 but I haven't seen any other brands that can take over 1kW from solar input, and would really like to use this for sustained off-grid level 1 EV charging which is 960+ watts!)

Hi,

I haven't been able to source a compatible cable with a DC8020 pin for use with my 2000 Pro. I have used my residential panels with MC4-APP, APP to DC7909 and then DC7909-DC8020 (included in the box). I'm waiting for an APP-DC7909 adapter to arrive, so for the time being I'm stuck with MC4-APP-DC5521-DC7909-DC8020. See picture below.

Not the best method but a) it works and b) it's the only solution I have. I'll be publishing my review of the 2000 Pro around the middle of March.

Hope this helps!

Techman

Attachments

• DC8020.png
    DC8020.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
The Bluetti AC200MAX will accept 1400 watts of solar if you add the charge enhancer. Its also cheap and easy to overpanel the Bluetti with 3 cheap residential panels. Cheaper and more expandable than the Jackery too. Caveat is poor customer service.

I've uploaded my evaluation, pros and cons of the Jackery 2000 Pro today. I discuss the DC8020 connector and the challenges that come with it. There are also a few suggestions at the end which I have forwarded to Jackery too.

Back