diy solar

diy solar

Jakiper Customer Service

Repro

Solar Enthusiast
This is just to inform some of you who may be wanting to purchase batteries from Jakiper. I placed an order for two Jakiper batteries right after watching WIll's review. I thought I was lucky as I was able to get two before being sold out. The batteries were processed and shipped, and now the fun begins. The shipment status of my batteries has never changed since they were sent. After many calls to ABF freight, it was determined that the batteries are lost. I have the opportunity now to place a shortage claim, which I was warned could take months. So ABF is no longer any help.

During all of this, I also contacted Jakiper per email several times, their only answer is, "we sent them". Jakiper also said they would look into it. No answer from them either. I have now requested a refund, which I doubt will be processed until they get the batteries back. This sucks. I must say that Jakiper's short email answer's and lack of concern makes me question the customer service aspect of the company. They got their money, sent it out, and now they don't care.

I am now out $3160.00 for who knows how long. I do not have the money laying around to purchase other batteries. I hope this will shed some light on what could happen to you and Jakiper's lack of concern for their customers.

Yeah, file a dispute. They are over run and had no clue they would sell out so fast. What is your order number? I will email them directly.

Pretty much the same experience from any company selling server rack packs right now.

These companies are selling out quickly and not hiring people to handle customer service. Signature solar is hiring a ton of people right now compared to others distributing server rack packs. The customer service for server rack packs is just awful. Lots of complaints, but I think in the next few months it should get sorted out. It's a mad dash for these companies to get these packs because they are so popular, and they are not focused on customer support at all.

This is just to inform some of you who may be wanting to purchase batteries from Jakiper. I placed an order for two Jakiper batteries right after watching WIll's review. I thought I was lucky as I was able to get two before being sold out. The batteries were processed and shipped, and now the fun begins. The shipment status of my batteries has never changed since they were sent. After many calls to ABF freight, it was determined that the batteries are lost. I have the opportunity now to place a shortage claim, which I was warned could take months. So ABF is no longer any help.

During all of this, I also contacted Jakiper per email several times, their only answer is, "we sent them". Jakiper also said they would look into it. No answer from them either. I have now requested a refund, which I doubt will be processed until they get the batteries back. This sucks. I must say that Jakiper's short email answer's and lack of concern makes me question the customer service aspect of the company. They got their money, sent it out, and now they don't care.

I am now out $3160.00 for who knows how long. I do not have the money laying around to purchase other batteries. I hope this will shed some light on what could happen to you and Jakiper's lack of concern for their customers.
What a bummer. This is an example of why I prefer buying stuff on amazon, costco etc.
Unfortunately they don’t often have the item, like recently when I searched for the AO Lithium 100ah battery.
I’ve seen numerous reviews on products that made me look into buying them, but I’m hesitant to buy direct sometimes because of examples like this.
Hope this situation gets resolved soon.

Yeah, file a dispute. They are over run and had no clue they would sell out so fast. What is your order number? I will email them directly.

Pretty much the same experience from any company selling server rack packs right now.
My order number with Jakiper is #17379. I was going to wait for Jakiper's reply to my last email, then start with the shortage claim with ABF, although that really scares me. Frieght companies don't give a hoot about customer service.

I didn't think about the credit card company. That was a good idea. For now, I am awaiting for at least an answer from Jakiper before I make my next move. Thanks Will and everyone!

Last edited:
Involving the credit card co has a tendency to wake the selling company up to rattle the shipping co’s cage etc…to determine if it actually became “lost”.

Sometimes you just have to be the squeeky wheel, as much as that may not be one’s preference.

Last edited:
2 things.

1. It's not YOUR responsibility to file claims with the freight company. In fact I don't even know if you can, as you aren't who hired and paid them, the seller is. It's on them to do that. Hopefully Jakiper insured the freight properly and they can file a claim.
2. Document ALL of your attempted correspondence with the seller. You will likely need this for your CC dispute. That's the easiest way for you to resolve this if the seller isn't responding. They will respond or attempt to resolve when the money is pulled out of their account from the CC company.

Last edited:
Just emailed my contact with jakiper. Should help things get sorted out. Good advice from Mr. Sandman above.
I just received a call from ABF Freight. They are now telling me that it is possible that the batteries were sent by accident to Dallas. I was told that it could take up to a week or more to get an answer if the batteries are actually on that truck. The run-around with the freight company is starting, and I am done with them.

Thank you Will for your help. I was also told that there was a billing problem, then misplaced, now accidentally sent to Dallas. It is always a different story with ABF. I hope that Jakiper will finally find out something. Thanks again!

I have everything documented with ABF and Jakiper.

I just received a call from ABF Freight. They are now telling me that it is possible that the batteries were sent by accident to Dallas. I was told that it could take up to a week or more to get an answer if the batteries are actually on that truck. The run-around with the freight company is starting, and I am done with them.

Thank you Will for your help. I was also told that there was a billing problem, then misplaced, now accidentally sent to Dallas. It is always a different story with ABF. I hope that Jakiper will finally find out something. Thanks again!

I have everything documented with ABF and Jakiper.
Really frustrating but hopefully it works out soon. They need a different freight company

Glad to see this is looking like it will likely be resolved soon.
Like a lot of industries currently, Trucking/Freight companies are struggling to keep good employees, and hire good new ones.
And many employees in all business types are out sick with… well you know…

The times we are all in -worldwide- require an extra level of patience. Sometimes that’s easier than others.

Here is the reply that I got from Jakiper:

Hi Jon,
We checked with the shipping company in afternoon, they are locating the goods, and will continuing tomorrow and then give us the reply.
As per our understanding, we recieved the complain about the billing issue, and just relized that might be loss of package.
We are closely follow up on this shipment, it might take some time, but we will give you a satisfied solution in any case.

Best Regards,

Jakiper Battery
www.jakiperbattery.com
www.facebook.com/groups/jakiperbattery

Many thanks for your support and help!

I just recieved a call from the logistics company that the batteries were found and will be delivered to me sometime today. Thank you Will for your intervention and help. I thank everyone for your very helpful tips and support. I will be letting the batteries stand for at least 24 hours to acclimate. Once acclimated, I will do a full charge and capacity test to see if they are OK and report the results. The batteries have been in sub freezing temperatures.

I am curious if the Jakiper and Sig Solar EG4 LiFePower batteries will be able to successfully communicate with each other. I will try that out as well using the battery monitor software and report that too.

They are finally here. Here are a few pics. They are now unpacked and climatizing for at least 24 hours before testing them. I will do som etesting and post the results here when I am done. The batteries came packaged with two each mounting plates for server rack installation, screws and cage nuts, printed color owners manual with complete specs, operating parameters and installation guide.

I will not be connecting the two Jakiper batteries together with my two EG4 LiFePower batteries. The operating parameters differ a little. I will need to dig a little further before I feel comfortable with connecting them.

Attachments

• IMG_4936.jpg
    IMG_4936.jpg
    807.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4937.jpg
    IMG_4937.jpg
    542.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4938.jpg
    IMG_4938.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4939.jpg
    IMG_4939.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 54
They are finally here. Here are a few pics. They are now unpacked and climatizing for at least 24 hours before testing them. I will do som etesting and post the results here when I am done. The batteries came packaged with two each mounting plates for server rack installation, screws and cage nuts, printed color owners manual with complete specs, operating parameters and installation guide.

I will not be connecting the two Jakiper batteries together with my two EG4 LiFePower batteries. The operating parameters differ a little. I will need to dig a little further before I feel comfortable with connecting them.

100% certain you can find parameters in common between the two - provided they're both LFP with the same cell count. Published numbers aren't mandatory. You just have to understand the compromises you're making.

I may have been unclear in my statement. I will be connecting them together in parallel, I meant that I will not be connecting them per the RS485 port. I will be limiting the connections per RS485 between the two EG4's and between the two Jakipers. I will install the battery monitoring software later and connect the EG4's and Jakipers together to see how they communicate together. It would be great if the balancing between batteries would at least work. Will see.

Back