diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar Un-Customer Service (Resolved)

LLLL

Thank you, Travis, for getting right on this, and, thank you Goose for posting the details of another customer's experience with this same issue; I'm sure it helped get things resolved. I just got a call from Signature Solar and they will be sending me a brand new battery. Grateful.

Five days ago I thought I purchased a refurbished EG4 Battery and a set of cables to go with the battery; my credit card was charged for the full amount. For four days, I got no word of its shipping, so yesterday I called to hear ‘we made a mistake and don’t have a refurbished battery to ship you -but we did ship your cables.”

I made it clear the cables were of no use, that I would not be opening the box, and that I would be sending them back and asked for a return label to put on the box.

I was told they couldn’t do that because there are 3 different departments that have to approve my return and I have to take photos of the box to prove the condition of the cables and email it to them to start the refund process. Then was told “But we will extend a favor to you and not charge you a restocking fee.” What? Favor? LOL?

I asked, how about a bit off the price of a new battery then to satisfy my order. The response was “It wouldn’t be fair to other customers” What do other customers have to do with what is going on with me? How about this, which happed about a week ago, the same situation, different treatment. https://diysolarforum.com/threads/just-gonna-sing-signature-solars-praises-for-a-minute.70672/

Also, they will process the battery refund as soon as we get off the phone and confirm by email. No email confirmation, and no sign of a refund for anything.

This is off the chart Un-Customer Service.

Last edited:
Five days ago I thought I purchased a refurbished EG4 Battery and a set of cables to go with the battery; my credit card was charged for the full amount. For four days, I got no word of its shipping, so yesterday I called to hear ‘we made a mistake and don’t have a refurbished battery to ship you -but we did ship your cables.”

I made it clear the cables were of no use, that I would not be opening the box, and that I would be sending them back and asked for a return label to put on the box.

I was told they couldn’t do that because there are 3 different departments that have to approve my return and I have to take photos of the box to prove the condition of the cables and email it to them to start the refund process. Then was told “But we will extend a favor to you and not charge you a restocking fee.” What? Favor? LOL?

Also, they will process the battery refund as soon as we get off the phone and confirm by email. No email confirmation, and no sign of a refund for anything.

Please dm me your email so I can look into this.

You could refuse the package and not have to deal with shipping back.
And then immediately call his CC company and dispute the charge as not being what he was told he was getting… that’s a slam dunk way to end this issue…this is an easy win…
All they had to do was be nice , offer him a tiny olive branch of an apology and a few bucks off on somthing else and he would still be a BUYING customer instead of a unhappy non- customer…
SMH ……..

Happened to this person a few weeks ago and they rectified by sending a NEW battery for the same price.
Weird how the consistency lacks

I asked, how about a bit off the price of a new battery then to satisfy my order. The response was “It wouldn’t be fair to other customers” What do other customers have to do with the circus you have going on with me?

OMG!!!! and to think....I came within a whisker of buying my equipment from them! I had a couple of those reconditioned batteries in my cart at one point. So glad I didn't!

I asked, how about a bit off the price of a new battery then to satisfy my order. The response was “It wouldn’t be fair to other customers” What do other customers have to do with what is going on with me? How about this, which happed about a week ago, the same situation, different treatment. https://diysolarforum.com/threads/just-gonna-sing-signature-solars-praises-for-a-minute.70672/

Having a similar issue with Bluetti. You have to wonder if the customer service people in these companies get any training whatsoever or if they're just winging it. Its like they don't understand the most basic aspects of customer service. You sell a product and guarantee it. When there's a problem that's no fault of the customer, you do everything possible to minimize the hassle and cost to your customer to deliver what you promised.

Last edited:
Back