diy solar

diy solar

JBD BMS Bluetooth *and* RS485 issues...

Got all of the wiring diagrams for the JBD-SP22S003B from setting it up from 6 cells to 22 cells. Is there somehwere I can upload all of these for reference for everyone?
Thanks,
Jeff

Hi all, this is my first post and I am a newbie. I bought two JBD SP15S008C 80A bms's from "JIABAIDA Official Store" on Ali Express and the first one that I installed work fine out of the box. But then all of a sudden it stop communicating data to the mobile app. The bluetooth connection appears to be ok because I am able to select it on the phone but then no data shows whatsoever. Now I've been patiently trying to establish communication with the seller but their customer service is just non existent. I have tried their XiaoXang app,(various versions), the Overkill app but no success. I ordered the usb module to try the PC software but is on its way. I see a blue light lit on the Bms and on the bluetooth dongle so I am kind of hoping that they are still recoverable. Well this is so long for been my first post, I just hope someone can help me out here. Thanks

Hi all, this is my first post and I am a newbie. I bought two JBD SP15S008C 80A bms's from "JIABAIDA Official Store" on Ali Express and the first one that I installed work fine out of the box. But then all of a sudden it stop communicating data to the mobile app. The bluetooth connection appears to be ok because I am able to select it on the phone but then no data shows whatsoever. Now I've been patiently trying to establish communication with the seller but their customer service is just non existent. I have tried their XiaoXang app,(various versions), the Overkill app but no success. I ordered the usb module to try the PC software but is on its way. I see a blue light lit on the Bms and on the bluetooth dongle so I am kind of hoping that they are still recoverable. Well this is so long for been my first post, I just hope someone can help me out here. Thanks
Are you actively using the BMS? (Charging or drawing power) it might have gone to sleep.

Try just rebooting your phone first.

Try disconnecting the Bluetooth module and reconnect it (i mean physically unplug it)

Then try unplug the balance leads from the BMS and plug them back in.

If you have multiple apps loaded that can communicate with the BMS, the default app sometimes can't see the info.

Are you actively using the BMS? (Charging or drawing power) it might have gone to sleep.

Try just rebooting your phone first.

Try disconnecting the Bluetooth module and reconnect it (i mean physically unplug it)

Then try unplug the balance leads from the BMS and plug them back in.

If you have multiple apps loaded that can communicate with the BMS, the default app sometimes can't see the info.
Thanks for your reply, I think I have tried all of your suggestions already, disconnecting both the Bluetooth module and the balance wiring more than one actually but still no success. About your last remark on the apps, can you provide more info on the subject. Thanks again.

Thanks for your reply, I think I have tried all of your suggestions already, disconnecting both the Bluetooth module and the balance wiring more than one actually but still no success. About your last remark on the apps, can you provide more info on the subject. Thanks again.
if you have the overkill app on your phone and connect with that, the JBD app won't be able to see the BMS, because the BMS is still talking to the overkill app... you have to close the overkill app properly, make sure the blue LED on the bluetooth dongle goes out, then connect with the JBD app for it to work.

Well, I uninstalled the overkill app and use the JBD app and viceversa. Same results. Both apps are able to see the model of the bms and the date of manufacture but nothing else. Today I tried the PC software (JBD tools version 2.9) but was not able to see anything. It says momentarily that it had read successfully but no data. I tried the software with the other one that I have not installed and it works fine and with the mobile app too. So I am loosing my hope on the bad one, and the seller had not make contact since last 20 of february. Anyway thanks for your reply. Appreciated.

if you have the overkill app on your phone and connect with that, the JBD app won't be able to see the BMS, because the BMS is still talking to the overkill app... you have to close the overkill app properly, make sure the blue LED on the bluetooth dongle goes out, then connect with the JBD app for it to work.
Is there a way to get the blue light to go out if it's stuck always on? Even after unplugging it and plugging it back in, the led is on full time and I think this is why my app won't see the bms.

Is there a way to get the blue light to go out if it's stuck always on? Even after unplugging it and plugging it back in, the led is on full time and I think this is why my app won't see the bms.
May be worth contacting your supplier, it could be a fault with your BMS or Bluetooth module?

Make sure the app is actually closed, they love to sit there in the background still running and connected. And you can turn your Bluetooth off and see if the blue light goes out.

Back