diy solar

diy solar

JBD Jiabaida RS485 with LCD screen "Connect Err"? Has anyone had this problem with the RS485 LCD?

theshaww

I have Bluetooth working great with UART, and I wanted to add the LCD screen with RS485, but it just isn't receiving connection. Has anyone had this same error?20230406_213723.jpg

@theshaww , I have the same error.

On my BMS the LCD is connected to the 2pin RS485 connetor on the left long side of the BMS. The power of the LCD come from the positive and negative of the battery pack.

Did you manage to find a solution?

Which model JBD do you have? I have three of them, and none of them have the RS485 parts on the board. I had wanted to use that port for separate monitoring, but even the connector is missing. I wound up removing the bluetooth boards and using the UART port instead.

Which model JBD do you have?
I have the "JBD-AP21S002-L21S-300A-B-U-R-C" 300A with the single relay disconnect. It comes with RS485 and CAN as external connections as well as Bluetooth.

I now solved the issue of the "CONNECT ERR"
I had 2 versions of the LCDs. One stating "UART" and the other stating "RS485" on the back as part of the model number.

When connected the "RS485" one the LCD came to life... It even operates correctly in parallel together with the Bluetooth App.

From what I read, the "UART" model can be used in place of the Bluetooth module.

Last edited:
I just purchased the RS485 screen direct from JBD. I have the AP21S002 bms. The BMS is from battery hookup, and came with the Bluetooth module. the board has the rs485 connector on it, so the screen plugged right in.

the display will turn the bms discharge port on or off, but will not display any data from the bms on the screen.

is it possible To use the Bluetooth and display at the same time? I get the exact same screen as in the picture on the first post in this thread. Any suggestions?

Back