diy solar

diy solar

JBD Relay BMS for Golf cart

Bbbbrass

Anyone have experience with a BMS like this?

JBD (same as overkill) 300amp relay BMS. I have used 120A BMS before, and understand adding a separate relay. Just wondering if anyone has experience and has used this with a stock CC Precedent motor and controller. Will be building my own battery. Maybe headway, maybe 18650, unlikely prismatic.

Sorry if this should be in "vehicle mounted systems" instead.

Anyone have experience with a BMS like this?

JBD (same as overkill) 300amp relay BMS. I have used 120A BMS before, and understand adding a separate relay. Just wondering if anyone has experience and has used this with a stock CC Precedent motor and controller. Will be building my own battery. Maybe headway, maybe 18650, unlikely prismatic.

Sorry if this should be in "vehicle mounted systems" instead.
Off Grid Garage is using a similar model, and is now switching to a different type. Different name, etc., but it is the same BMS.

I got the 200 amp rated version. The only difference I can see is the cables. One 300 amp version uses two 4 awg cables and this one looks like welding cable. The one I got has super thick but floppy cables that look like CCA. I replaced them with 4 AWG welding cables.

I just hooked one up on a 51.8v LiPo pack I built for my golf cart. I’ve tested it a bit on the pavement and have pushed it to 327 amps multiple times with no issues. Contactor stays cool to the touch after pushing it hard and haven’t had any BMS cut outs or issues so far. Seems like the perfect BMS for a golf cart or hobby EV.

Back