diy solar

diy solar

JDB BMS setup guide for Short Circuit

unseengundam

I have a JBD-AP21S001(150A) BMS that seems to require a wried short circuit for a 16S config. This one has B0 to B21 wires; see below.

The last six wires are shorted together on the 2nd to the last cell. I tried a few configurations of shorting, but the BT app still shows at least 17 cells. I am sure I am confused about which wire shorts are together; the manual and the seller are confusing to understand.

Does the wire color such as red, black, and white mean anything? Or are they all treated the same? I might need short the Black & white wires together on 2nd set of wires. Any suggestion on the right configuration.

Thanks

Capture.JPGWires.JPG

I have a JBD-AP21S001(150A) BMS that seems to require a wried short circuit for a 16S config. This one has B0 to B21 wires; see below.

The last six wires are shorted together on the 2nd to the last cell. I tried a few configurations of shorting, but the BT app still shows at least 17 cells. I am sure I am confused about which wire shorts are together; the manual and the seller are confusing to understand.

Does the wire color such as red, black, and white mean anything? Or are they all treated the same? I might need short the Black & white wires together on 2nd set of wires. Any suggestion on the right configuration.

Thanks

View attachment 94579View attachment 94580

Can you post the instructions?

Thanks

View attachment 94579View attachment 94580
I received the following from JBD yesterday. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• AP21短接线图英文版_12.JPG
    AP21短接线图英文版_12.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 191
I received the following from JBD yesterday. Hope it helps.
Did you get it working OK with this wire arrangement?
I followed the instructions (as best I could) and ended up with the same answer.
When I start the BMS I get 17 cells, cell 15 (I think) is zero volts.
I change the config to 16 cells and all seems well, but when the BMS is restarted (balance leads removed) it changes back to the 17 cells.
Mine is AP21S001, same model. The balance lead plugs are 15 wires, then 7 wires. Slightly different to other models which are 14 then 8 (I think).

Did you get it working OK with this wire arrangement?
I followed the instructions (as best I could) and ended up with the same answer.
When I start the BMS I get 17 cells, cell 15 (I think) is zero volts.
I change the config to 16 cells and all seems well, but when the BMS is restarted (balance leads removed) it changes back to the 17 cells.
Mine is AP21S001, same model. The balance lead plugs are 15 wires, then 7 wires. Slightly different to other models which are 14 then 8 (I think).
I posted the 16S drawing in reply to unseengundam's original post. JBD supplied me with the complete set of drawings similar to what bublich posted above. I have built an 8S pack using the same model BMS as yourself. Using the JBD 8S drawing and JBD's instruction manual as a guide (see attached) my pack/BMS works well.

Attachments

• JBD-AP21S001-_-A01.zh-CN.en.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 126
Back