diy solar

diy solar

JK-B2A8S20P-H Bluetooth Application

Braingears

I just received my new JK-B2A8S20P-H from HankzorBMS on AliExpress. The I'm very disappointed with the Bluetooth application. First of all, HATE the fact that it requires my Precise GPS Location in order to even see the device. I also don't understand why it needs access to by Media. It's not saving any logs or anything to be access outside of real-time. The privacy and protocol agreement notes that they can track all web browser traffic and other personal / phone information. The app will not open and function without these permissions!

The application is also very buggy. If you use the 'back' button, the entire application locks-up and has to be forcibly closed in order to re-open it again.

Are there any other versions that will work with these BMS' without the HUGE security requirements?
Is this app open-source so that it can re-configured (and re-brand the logos too preferably)?

I have the same or similar issue.
I have used 3 different Android phones now and all lock up on the app after about 2 to 4 minutes and I have to force close the app.
Did you get anything sorted?
I have removed mine, its useless
Thanks

It needs location access to get Bluetooth-LE access. So all apps should ask you for permission.

The only issue I have with mine, Version: 4.8.5 (build 62) Size: 15.1 MB Updated :2022-08-29 is that occasionally it will not connect to a BMS and that is if I am switching between them too quickly. I do NOT use the Back Button but the List Button (Top Left 3 little bars) because I have multiple JK's running in Parallel. I've not had it lockup or anything, even when the phone blanks out the screen.

The ONLY permission it requires is GPS Access which is not unusual... Even so, my GPS Function is OFF and I am using a Moto-G with Droid V 11.

IF you want to see Really Intrusive APPS for your Phone, try Samsung ! Their Smartplug App wants full access to everything and injects itself.

HAve not tried 4.8.5 yet , current on 4.7.7 - any new features ( Android )
WRT this specific BMS model, no new features are apparent from the user screen. This It seems to be mostly 'bugfixes' and support for more model IDs, perhaps also with and hidden changes involving SOC calculations and code refactoring. I'm only an end user, not one of their devs (I have not seen the source code files).

The problem in switching, still being experienced by @Steve in 4.8.5, was 'targeted' by updates included within 4.8.4 - but the changes within that revisions apparently didn't fully solve that issue for him.

diy solar

diy solar
Back