diy solar

diy solar

JK BMS System log cleared

georgia088

Hello. I have a Jk BMS on a 48v pack. I think there may be a bad connection somewhere as the pack keeps shutting off randomly. I thought that it was a loose connection on a cell and I went to the system log to see what alarms had occured recently and the only thing on there was the initial boot up. There used to be alarms on the system log and now they are gone. What causes the system log to clear old alarms? I have turned the battery on/off with the display and not cleared the alarms. I am wondering if whatever caused this reset of the system log may give me a clue of where the bad connection could be. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, the JK Log function is static. It will take 50 entries and lock, it is not a rolling log and not downloadable. The new version just coming out that is sorted. I have not seen the logs cleared by any method before, so that is new...

The random shutting down must be caused by something more likely a High Volt or Low Volt disconnect on a cell or two. Make sure your BMS settings are correct, the original defaults for LiFePo4 were horrid. Temp Values were all wrong s well as some of the voltage settings. (I am the editor of their manuals for those versions).

Check this link for general settings.

Unfortunately, the JK Log function is static. It will take 50 entries and lock, it is not a rolling log and not downloadable. The new version just coming out that is sorted. I have not seen the logs cleared by any method before, so that is new...

The random shutting down must be caused by something more likely a High Volt or Low Volt disconnect on a cell or two. Make sure your BMS settings are correct, the original defaults for LiFePo4 were horrid. Temp Values were all wrong s well as some of the voltage settings. (I am the editor of their manuals for those versions).
Thanks for the reply. I assumed the shutting down was caused by a low volt disconnect, but if it were caused by this wouldn't it create and alarm in the system log? The only thing in system log now is 1. Before[17M30S] - Boot. Prior to this there were multiple alarms in the log. I don't understand where they went.

That is odd because the firmware has no ability to clear/delete the log.
I dunno what to suggest, it's a new one and I've seen a LOT of quirks, foibles etc...
Only thing I can suggest, is to check all your connections are good, power up te BMS an verify ALL of the settings and look at my previous link, and verify temps etc as well.. Also note where the setting is for Low Volt cuttoff, it's NOT 2.50 because it can't properly recover from that if the cells stay that low from a too deep a discharge. (you'd be surprised at how many people pooch themselves with that, but they hate to admit it till the teeth get pulled).

That is odd because the firmware has no ability to clear/delete the log.
I dunno what to suggest, it's a new one and I've seen a LOT of quirks, foibles etc...
Only thing I can suggest, is to check all your connections are good, power up te BMS an verify ALL of the settings and look at my previous link, and verify temps etc as well.. Also note where the setting is for Low Volt cuttoff, it's NOT 2.50 because it can't properly recover from that if the cells stay that low from a too deep a discharge. (you'd be surprised at how many people pooch themselves with that, but they hate to admit it till the teeth get pulled).
I just thought of something that I didn't think of before that could be the issue of the clearing of alarms, but I don't think so. This was the first time on this particular phone that the app system log was looked at. A friend is actually the one that connected to the bms via bluetooth. His phone doesn't show anything but boot. I know that on my phone there were multiple alarms. I am not physically at the pack now. Not sure if any of that is relevant...

Back