diy solar

diy solar

JKBMS Android App after version 4.9.2 fail to install/upgrade. NOW FIXED After 4.17.0 (Dec.2023)

Who knows what the heck is going on.
I've uninstalled it including the data folders and tried to install fresh as well as the upgrade option and no way for it to install on my Motorolla Phone.... When Maggie get's back next month, I'll pop it onto her Samsng but it till likely install as it does on yours... WTH could be blocking the Motorolla Android ?

Also checked again, and it still will not install on that Khadas Android Mini Computer running Droid 11.

Hoping there is someone who can help get this resolved for you.

You have contributed so much to this forum. Hopefully someone else has had the same experience and may have an answer??? Fingers crossed

Who knows what the heck is going on.
I've uninstalled it including the data folders and tried to install fresh as well as the upgrade option and no way for it to install on my Motorolla Phone.... When Maggie get's back next month, I'll pop it onto her Samsng but it till likely install as it does on yours... WTH could be blocking the Motorolla Android ?

Also checked again, and it still will not install on that Khadas Android Mini Computer running Droid 11.
That is odd I have installed it on two Android phones so far I am new to these JK BMS's and about a month ago got my first one up and going and the 2nd one soon to be fired up.

I posted this in another thread but will post it here as well - long story short I need to do a factory reset of my JK200A unit as the columb counter seems to have lost it's mind and I'm giving up with trying to calibrate anything any more and just want to start over.

Only the android app supports the factory reset function, but I'm primarily an iPhone user. I have an older android device but the latest and greatest version in the Google Play store won't install.

Thanks to @upnorthandpersonal posting an archive of some older versions of the JK app earlier in this thread I was at least able to get a functioning version installed (and it's connected and working), but the oldest version I could find in his archive is 4.7.6, and unfortunately it seems like perhaps that version (ironically) apparently predates the factory reset function, as it's not showing up in the control menu.

Any insight from anyone on what the earliest version of the android app that supported the factory reset option?

@upnorthandpersonal I see while I was replying to this thread you were busy replying to my other request in the other thread - you're awesome!

I'll sort through the new versions you just posted (I just refreshed the page on your server and boom, they're all there) and work my way up until I either find a version that has the factory reset option, or reach a breakpoint where it won't work anymore on my old Android tablet.

Cheers!

oh boy, flashed an old android 8 to my phone and now the 4.9.2 jk app is working but 4.11 still cant install....

So, @upnorthandpersonal, 4.9.2 seems to be the last version that will install on my old android tablet, but still no factory reset option in there unfortunately.

I guess I'll have to ask one of my android phone friends to come over and install the app/reset for me.

Can anyone running the latest version from the Play Store let me know if the factory reset option is still there? There was some chatter I saw elsewhere about it being removed?

I think it was removed again in later versions. Try V4.3.1 and see if it's there.

Unfortunately that version gives me an "unsupported hardware" popup when I try to connect. It sees the BMS but as soon as it tries to go to the menus it craps out.

Ugh why does JK make this so hard?

Ugh why does JK make this so hard?

Yeah, I know... This BMS could have been the best out there in this price range, but they don't get their act together. Same with hardware versioning, firmware, etc. I asked them to open source the firmware (I wanted to add a bootloader for firmware updating over bluetooth or serial), they said they'd look into it but nothing came from it.
My guess is that this is because of the way they build/license these things in China: Hankzor has input in the development, but JK 'owns' the design, and everyone can sell it. It's confusing...

So I went to my friends place last night to use his current android phone with the latest app version installed and can now confirm that the factory reset option was missing from it as well.

I guess next stop is emailing JK and hoping for some sort of support follow up? Am I pissing into the wind even attempting this?

Hankzor & JK Corporate were advised of the issues & flaws. In November 2022 they agreed that there are issues like the logs not rolling over, lack of functions for BMS Factory Reset etc etc etc would be corrected & addressed and then they ALL went dark and none of us have heard any more. Both myself & UpNorthAndPersonal helped Hankzor to update their manuals and more and were quite interactive till one day they just "poofed". I tried chasing after them for a bit and got zilch in return, therefore I no longer recommend ANY BMS' AT ALL anymore...

guys, check out the diy bms from stuart pittaway.
its a realy well designed bms with canbus, dynamic charge voltage limit etc.
i have this ruinning 24/7 on my system

the reason of the 4s jk bms was a small portable battery

So go buy an older Samsung with an older os to permit loading of latest app if one is using Android?

For what it is worth, I have a Pixel 5 running Android V13 and the app from the playstore installs and works on my phone.

I had one loose bus bar on one cell, that caused that cell to go overvoltage, and charge stopped, addressed that issue, all cells now well matched, but the SOC for that battery has an incorrect cycle count, and the SOC also will not correct itself after several cycles and doesn't appear to ever show 100%, then drops to 0% while I can still extract current.... so I would like to do a factory reset.

I see that the current App on android doesn't have the factory reset option, and that no one has reported which apk version has the factory reset.

I'll see if I can identify which apk version has the factory reset , but wonder what the process is to execute that. Do I need to disconnect the BMS from any charge source prior to executing the factory reset? Should I do the reset with battery near empty, or full, or does it not matter.

I realize the BMS needs to be powered on to do a factory reset, just wondering if there is anything I need to watch for, and what the steps are to re-set up the parameters or just push the Lifep04 button, then manually tweak the settings to the ones recommended by the experts here.

UPDATE: I installed the 4.12.1 APK on an older Android phone running Android 9. It installed fine, and connected to my problem battery 2. There is no factory reset in this version of the APK, and i also modified the battery capacity from 280aH to 281aH. I noticed that the cycle count reset to zero, and the battery SOC jumped from 0% to 68%, so my hope is this battery will now over the next few days go ahead and re-establish an SOC that makes sense. I am not sure what caused the cycle count to reset, and the SOC to jump, connecting with the new APK, or the battery capacity reset (my guess it was this change)... but I am happy for now, and have a zero cycle count (vs 359 caused by my loose bus bar), and am hopeful that this BMS will now recalibrate and report a reasonably accurate SOC.

I also removed that APK version and installed , and checked 3.7.5, 3.6.0 and 4.0.0 apks, and none of them have the factory reset option. If I get time I will install and try more of the available APK versions to identify exactly which APK contains the factory reset option. But the list of available APKs is long, and I have made progress on my issue so for now I will watch and wait.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. (I have two 16 Cell EVE Batteries connected to a 15k Sol-ark)

Last edited:
Back