diy solar

diy solar

JKBMS factory reset

teckersley

I have done it now. Went to connect to my jkbms and I can’t pair it. I am pretty certain of the password I reset it to but it’s not working. Does anyone know the process to do a factory rest or is there a “master password” other than the 1234 that I already changed?

Help is appreciated.

Solved:

While I was disappointed I was not able to find and answer here, I thought I would share what needs to be done if this happens to you as my contribution to the community

After LOTs of internet searching, reading, and even sending JK a few emails (with still no response BTW and not the first time i have sent questions to them. Also with no response.), I threw in the towel and contacted the vendor and asked them for help. They said they would contact JK BMS. Within a few hours, they contacted me back and with a special code that only lasts 20 mins, I was able to unlock the BMS and reset my password.

In summary:
Unfortunately, you cannot rely on JK for any reponse and make sure you buy from a good dealer who can pull some strings.

Thanks all

Solved:

While I was disappointed I was not able to find and answer here, I thought I would share what needs to be done if this happens to you as my contribution to the community

After LOTs of internet searching, reading, and even sending JK a few emails (with still no response BTW and not the first time i have sent questions to them. Also with no response.), I threw in the towel and contacted the vendor and asked them for help. They said they would contact JK BMS. Within a few hours, they contacted me back and with a special code that only lasts 20 mins, I was able to unlock the BMS and reset my password.

In summary:
Unfortunately, you cannot rely on JK for any reponse and make sure you buy from a good dealer who can pull some strings.

Thanks all
What vendor did you use? I'm having the same issue and I bought from the Hankzor BMS Store, which I thought was the official factory store. I have had no luck getting a response from them either. I love this BMS but I desperately need to find a way to unlock it.

Sadly this exact experience is the same as it has always been with JKBMS with regards to the factory reset. That capability was in the APP once a long time ago and never returned even tough it has been request by far too many to count.

Sadly this exact experience is the same as it has always been with JKBMS with regards to the factory reset. That capability was in the APP once a long time ago and never returned even tough it has been request by far too many to count.
This is really sad as it's a really great BMS. I feel like a pea brain for not writing it down, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has ever forgotten a password. I'm still trying to rattle some cages with this problem but I'm reaching the height of my frustration level. If you have any ideas who I can contact it would be much appreciated.

This is really sad as it's a really great BMS. I feel like a pea brain for not writing it down, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has ever forgotten a password. I'm still trying to rattle some cages with this problem but I'm reaching the height of my frustration level. If you have any ideas who I can contact it would be much appreciated.
I could be on my way to a solution. I contacted Amy at Docan Power who I bought my cells from. Great to deal with if anyone is shopping for cells, and who isn't, LOL. Anyway, Amy told me that China is having some sort of labor holiday right now. That "might" explain the lack of response to my inquiry on the Hankzor message board. She asked if I could wait until May 4th, which isn't a problem at all. Fingers crossed for a solution to this issue. I'll keep the group posted.

I could be on my way to a solution. I contacted Amy at Docan Power who I bought my cells from. Great to deal with if anyone is shopping for cells, and who isn't, LOL. Anyway, Amy told me that China is having some sort of labor holiday right now. That "might" explain the lack of response to my inquiry on the Hankzor message board. She asked if I could wait until May 4th, which isn't a problem at all. Fingers crossed for a solution to this issue. I'll keep the group posted.
Ahh, I just got a response from the Hankzor store, or I should say I got the response at 3:30 AM, LOL. The issue now is the time difference. The rep said he'd send me a code with a 15 minute window to change my password. There's a 12 hour time difference between China and my location on the East Coast of the USA. I messaged him back to send me the code at 9:00 AM his time and I'll be standing by at 9:00 PM my time, hoping for the best.

Mb that would be useful. I've retrieved the "settings password" (setup_passcode) today in such way and made separate tool for such cases

fyi: I also contacted the Hankzor BMS Store before with a temp password request, got answer they're will be available at May 4 because of holidays nowadays

Last edited:
Mb that would be useful. I've retrieved the "settings password" (setup_passcode) today in such way and made separate tool for such cases

fyi: I also contacted the Hankzor BMS Store before with a temp password request, got answer they're will be available at May 4 because of holidays nowadays
I was able to reset my bluetooth password. I can't say it was easy, but I got it done. I bought my JK BMS from the Hankzor store. I went to my Aliexpress store and there's a window where you can communicate with them. I had some issues initially because there was a holiday in China and there was no one there to answer my questions. There is a 12 hour time difference from the est to China so you'll have to work within their business hours as the fix is time sensitive with a 15 minute window. Whoever you work with will have to give you a code that is good for 15 minutes. I had some issue as there are actually 2 passwords in the JK bms, one for bluetooth, and another for settings. The representative kept giving me the settings code and it wouldn't work for the bluetooth. I finally tried his code in my settings and found it worked there. Only then did the representative understand what I was trying to do. I believe the code is the same for both changes but the last 2 code digits, which are letters, are not used for bluetooth. Anyway, once you get the code the fix is quite easy. The trick is getting to talk to someone over there.

My solution rather helps you remember your existing passwords so there is no need to contact the seller or jikong and waiting for answer

My solution rather helps you remember your existing passwords so there is no need to contact the seller or jikong and waiting for answer
LOL, Yeah, I won't be forgetting those passwords again. This is for a boat that sails pretty far from my home port so I'll have a spare bms aboard to deal with issues like this, but I really feel like a dunce not to have written it down. That won't happen again.

Back