diy solar

diy solar

just made my first order

I bought a Aquamot 2.2 Fixed Pod motor with folding prop for $3k Euros. It included the motor & controller, throttle, battery gauge and cables. Aquamot provides a custom wedge so the motor is level when bolted to the hull. I'm very happy with the motor, it's powerful and quiet. However at this stage, I can not recomend it for salt water use b/c of electrolysis eating up the zinc after a few days in salt water. It might be the marina - further testing to be done.

BTW, 1 Ltr of petrol contains 8kWs of energy. My batteries contain 7.5kWs and weigh 50kGs. My shop 2kW generator used 4.5 Lts of petrol to charge the batteries 2/3s full from flat. There ain't no substitute for oil, yet.
check to see if you have an electrical panels at your marina that might be leaking electricity. we have this problem at the piers on yokosuka and it eats up the zincs really fast on the pusher boats when they are tied up at our floating docks. when they are on the other side tied to the main concrete pier it is a night and day difference. public works indicated we have a large power leak from our panels on the floating pier and that seems to be what is causing the difference between the two mooring locations. and the Life of the zincs.

I was thinking of a normal "trolling motor" for my 10' RHIB boat just for tooling about and fishing, but it is so dang slow. but it is not 3,200 USD worth of slow ;) my wife would castrate me for that ! :)

Back