diy solar

diy solar

just noticed that jbd bms software "needs" gps and location access to run?

Diysolar123

Solar Addict
I am moving some items to a no-wifi android tablet(no internet, just bluetooth) and the software would not install without access to my location and android location services enabled.
Are there any version of this that run standalone and do not need "location" services???

"or is that a universal chinese thing with software?"

I just had the same thing with a sous vide cooker. It installed, but wanted Android location services turned on to make the bluetooth connection. I turned it on long enough to make my connection, then turned off location services. Still works fine with it turned off.

This is google, they do not want to use IP address any more and they require online and location services to be available......I don’t like google , I won’t have on my computers, google is a data collection engine.

I just had the same thing with a sous vide cooker. It installed, but wanted Android location services turned on to make the bluetooth connection. I turned it on long enough to make my connection, then turned off location services. Still works fine with it turned off.
well thats makes sense of course... what happens if that cooker starts to leave without permission!!!

Oh for the days of "simple" software that just did what, and only what, it was suppose to do.
I guess I should be happy it did not demand a facebook account or something.

(and yes, I did have to turn on location services on the android..but then after it connected and the bms seemed to be setup ok alhtough it needed its voltages calibrated, I just uninstalled it)

its clearly python time as I did see some rather straight forward API specs for the thing...

If you think your phone has it turned off you'd not be right....

At the least they use the tower to get your location along with the range and azimuth from it...

So yeh, its on if your phone is on.... might even be when its "off".

I'm pretty sure part of the Bluetooth low energy spec suggest having location data enabled. Lazy developers use libraries and make it required.

Back