diy solar

diy solar

Leaking Electrolyte from Bigbattery Powerblock

nder if Seth's unit has the added pads installed.
Hello Bud Martin:

Yes, Seth's pack had the padding installed. No, The pack was not leaking. There was a white-grease stain on the top of the unit but no functional issues were identified. We have already sent Seth a new pack and it's on the way. We honor our return policy and are happy to replace any battery for any reason, even cosmetic issues.

Thank you,

Eric Lundgren : CEO
BigBattery, Inc.

Hello Bud Martin:

Yes, Seth's pack had the padding installed. No, The pack was not leaking. There was a white-grease stain on the top of the unit but no functional issues were identified. We have already sent Seth a new pack and it's on the way. We honor our return policy and are happy to replace any battery for any reason, even cosmetic issues.

Thank you,

BigBattery, Inc.

More that just cosmetic, with crud all over including on electrical connections inside.
Were you able to conclude that this contamination came from outside the box during shipping, not from inside the product?

battery leak.png

Do you think the thousands of cells shipped are kept in an upright position?
Fair question. The boxes I received had up arrows, and with those pointing up, the cells were shipped lying on their side (same as bb orientation). Needless to say, when I unboxed, I wore nitril gloves just to be on the safe side. I found no evidence of leaks or smell. With that said, those cells will still never intentionally lay on their side again. not sure a mfg can be responsible for the way various distributors choose to ship their product. They can try to enforce a contract, I suppose. I don’t know how well or if that would work in China.

Fair question. The boxes I received had up arrows, and with those pointing up, the cells were shipped lying on their side (same as bb orientation). Needless to say, when I unboxed, I wore nitril gloves just to be on the safe side. I found no evidence of leaks or smell. With that said, those cells will still never intentionally lay on their side again. not sure a mfg can be responsible for the way various distributors choose to ship their product. They can try to enforce a contract, I suppose. I don’t know how well or if that would work in China.
My boxes don't have any arrows on them.

Hello Bud Martin:

Thank you,

BigBattery, Inc.
Seriously?

What about the strong smell Seth experienced?
What about the red and white wires coming off apparently due to the corrosion in that area?
What about the power button not functioning?
What about the 7 volt reading on the display?
Is this what you call a functional battery?
How do you know a cell or cells didn't leak?
Have you received Seth's battery back and inspected it?

It's clear from the photos something isn't right and there is more to this than just a white grease stain. How do you explain the corrosion shown in the photo posted by Seth? Let's start with that and the disconnected red and white wires.

Hello Bud Martin:

Thank you,

BigBattery, Inc.
This is a COMPLETE lie! I told all about the smell, non functional switch, volt meter not shutting off, low voltage, and damage from the leak. Also news to me about my replacement being sent. I asked yesterday and today if it has been sent and have yet to get a response.

More that just cosmetic, with crud all over including on electrical connections inside.
Were you able to conclude that this contamination came from outside the box during shipping, not from inside the product?

View attachment 39733
No chance it came from outside. For those who don't know, this is how they are packaged. Battery pack has a plastic bag around it, then put into a cardboard box and taped shut. Then surrounded by about 2 inches of foam on all sides. Then put in a larger box and taped shut and then banded with 2 plastic bands.

With one post .... Mr Green has destroyed any chance of actually having credibility.

Maybe he will come back on here and blame the misinformation on an employee who told him the wrong thing .... or maybe he was thinking about a different pack .... but.... there is NO WAY that pack was operational.

Last edited:
.... and that balance lead to the BMS .... well that will work just fine if you blow off some of the corrosion and the big black burned mark.

I think BB is digging its own grave at this point..
White grease? Really? I better stop using it if it causes corrosion like that.
BTW, Will should pin this thread on YouTube.

Yes Mr Green, Why don't you answer the questions ask by the concerned forum members about this leaking battery of Seth??? Never mind. I am done with BB and Mr Green.

OH god this has become a complete novel, the photos from @SethRR look nasty, i would be very upset if i received that in my house.... and the CEO answers (And their behavior from the beginning) are a textbook example of how not solve a crisis.

Do you think the thousands of cells shipped are kept in an upright position?
Gazoo,

Thank you for your input.

1.) To prevent damage in shipping, we are now including "This Side Up" and "FRAGILE" stickers to every package.
2.) According to the Lishen LiFePO4 Cell Spec. Sheet: The cells can be installed in any position except for upside down.
3.) Our 12V Owl (PowerPacks) just received UL Certification as of Yesterday which will be posted on our website on Monday.

Just a few updates to share..

BigBattery, Inc.

Yes Mr Green, Why don't you answer the questions ask by the concerned forum members about this leaking battery of Seth??? Never mind. I am done with BB and Mr Green.
DouglasHH,

I will find Seth and gladly respond to him.

Thank you,

BigBattery, Inc.

According to the Lishen LiFePO4 Cell Spec. Sheet: The cells can be installed in any position except for upside down.
In my humble opinion, Lishen may need to revisit that advice. I hope they are already in the loop re your recent issues.

diy solar

diy solar
Back