diy solar

diy solar

LiFePo4 In Semi

LanduytG

Solar Enthusiast
I just installed a 7300 btu 12 volt a/c unit on my truck. Its varible speed 3100 btu to 7300 btu in 3 steps. Current draw is 40 amps 60 amps and 90 amps I plan to run it at the lower 2 speeds unless I get to a place thats really hot and I need the extra cooling. I want to run LiFePo4 and will be running a Renogy dc to dc charger. Been looking at this
battery on Amazon . I don't like the BMS but I believe that could be changed easy enough. They claim they are grade A cells. What do you think?

Greg

There are posts here about Shunbin batteries and why you should avoid them.

Did you read the 1 star reviews on Amazon?

When you ask about a battery or anything write out the name so it becomes searchable.
Search Google for Shunbin scam. You will find a thread here on this forum.
You are specifically asking about Shunbin so that should be in your thread title.

Last edited:
I just installed a 7300 btu 12 volt a/c unit on my truck. Its varible speed 3100 btu to 7300 btu in 3 steps. Current draw is 40 amps 60 amps and 90 amps I plan to run it at the lower 2 speeds unless I get to a place thats really hot and I need the extra cooling. I want to run LiFePo4 and will be running a Renogy dc to dc charger. Been looking at this
battery on Amazon . I don't like the BMS but I believe that could be changed easy enough. They claim they are grade A cells. What do you think?

Greg

It's unclear what kind of "truck"you're operating, but if you're operating a commercial vehicle (18 wheeler?) There is another reason to avoid shunbin as a trucker: their paperwork is untrustworthy, and could give you surprise troubles if you're moving them across borders in your vehicle. This could add liabilities for your employer.

Not sure what kind of paper work you are referring to. In 20 years cross country, US and Canada, not once did anyone ask for any paperwork on anything that was part of the truck. I did get inspected often, not once did they question the extra batteries or .generator. They are looking for safety violations. If anyplace would do it, it would be Banning, CA. I hated that place.

I was referring to these:

I wouldn't worry much at all about it if they were batteries from a trustworthy battery manufacturer, but again SHUN BIN aren't known for accurately describing the contents of their batteries, and given the images of the quality of their internal construction, I'd question their safety.

If I were a highway patrolman who knew about those shiny silvery boxes, I'd call them them as dangerous as rusty jerry cans whether I saw them in your trailer, on your catwalk, or in your cab.

Been looking at this
battery on Amazon . I don't like the BMS but I believe that could be changed easy enough.
They claim they are grade A cells. What do you think?

After a lot of reading here I ended up going with the 280ah cells from Xuba Electronics. Amy gave me a great deal 12 cells for $1429 shipped to my door.

Greg

Back