diy solar

diy solar

Lifepo4 QR code scanner app?

Smeeg

Do they make an app for Apple iOS for scanning the QR code for lifepo4 batteries?
Only one I could find was for android

Then what it searches a database?

No, it just gives you the text translation which is either a URL (on many products), or a Serial Number (in the case of LiFePO4 cells). Note, that this text serial number is also printed on the same label right next to the QR code itself (on each cell).

Like example (after take picture with iPhone):

----------------------------------------
Text QR Code
Search Web in Safari
Contents:
"02YCB66710000J8A70002112"
----------------------------------------

Because that is all a QR code is, is text. So you can go find some decoder (like I just Googled one and clicked the first one I saw)..

Paste in the serial number.

Example result:
1706583024291.png

More info:

I guess a handy app could do all that for you, not sure if there is one in Apple Store, but I would think it may be more necessary for a guy dealing in battery cells day in and day out, but for a general home installer who maybe only wants to do occasional lookups, this method is fine (at least for me anyways). I could keep looking for an iPhone app in the Apple store, maybe someone will make one if there isn't one already.

Perhaps someone else will chime in with better methods as time goes on...

EDIT:
Here is another example decoder from Docan Power:

Last edited:
I have some Sinopoly cells with QR codes that I have never been able to find more information from (eg date of manufacture).

I don’t think all manufacturers stick with the same protocol.

Back