diy solar

diy solar

Lifepo4 voltage drop recently

Just to clarify, so I know I understand completely what I’ve been told. That once the battery has reached full 14.6 v ,
And then has rested long enough for it to get below 14.2v it is then safe to use it unconditionally?

If it hit like 14.2-14.6 and amps basically quit flowing in during charging, then it's now as full as it can be.

Use away.

What's happening is lets say you have a 100 gallon gas tank. Each day you are using say 40 gallons and then only filling back up with 39 gallons everyday until the battery is close to dead. This process can take a few weeks. The BMS is imperfect and doesn't count some of current that leaves so even though it says the battery is fully charged, it's not.

Count on giving the battery a healthy charge every few weeks until we start to get more sunshine.

If it hit like 14.2-14.6 and amps basically quit flowing in during charging, then it's now as full as it can be.

Use away.

What's happening is lets say you have a 100 gallon gas tank. Each day you are using say 40 gallons and then only filling back up with 39 gallons everyday until the battery is close to dead. This process can take a few weeks. The BMS is imperfect and doesn't count some of current that leaves so even though it says the battery is fully charged, it's not.

Count on giving the battery a healthy charge every few weeks until we start to get more sunshine.
Sorry, I thought that was a yes or no answer. Am I missing something?
My question isn’t about additional charging. It’s about when can I start discharging it after 14.4?
My understanding from a previous discussion was discharging, can commence after it has rested to less than
>14.2v?

I just wanted to know do I have this correct?

However, as I was saying, when I woke up this morning, those cells were completely balanced to the thousand decimal place.
As in every day since I’ve had it.
As I already said, it's only the balance when fully charged you need to keep an eye on. The rest of the time it is (mostly) meaningless.

The battery is just a tool, use it when you need to use it. It does not need to be fully charged in order to discharge it. All that matters is whether it has enough charge to last for however long you need it to.

All you need to do is ensure it gets a full charge every so often. That may not be every day, it might be once a week.

Are these balanced enough for moving forward with power?
Or is there some trick? I need to pull off on the BMS and the app?

Attachments

• IMG_0490.png
    IMG_0490.png
    208.5 KB · Views: 8
For example, last night after charging it, I noticed a fairly big difference among the four cells….
I started using it probably at 13.9 V however when I woke up and looked at it, they were completely balanced zeros across-the-board.

Do you still think there’s a problem with the balancing of the 4 cells?

The battery is just a tool, use it when you need to use it. It does not need to be fully charged in order to discharge it. All that matters is whether it has enough charge to last for however long you need it to.

All you need to do is ensure it gets a full charge every so often. That may not be every day, it might be once a week.
Thanks for your help. Wattmatters
I got my answer by turning on the power and things are balancing out quickly.
Enjoy your evening and thank you again bye now.

Sorry, I thought that was a yes or no answer. Am I missing something?
My question isn’t about additional charging. It’s about when can I start discharging it after 14.4?
My understanding from a previous discussion was discharging, can commence after it has rested to less than
>14.2v?

Use it right away.

If it's getting out of balance or whatever just give it a full charge more often.

Back