diy solar

diy solar

Lion Safari ME with HQST 100 Solar Panels

dparker487

Hi,

I live in a condo where the HOA isn't keen on rooftop solar panels, I've found a workaround. They're fine with window awnings, so I'm thinking of using my Lion Safari ME with HQST 100W Flexible Solar Panels. I’m opting for the HQST panels because they’re lighter and better suited for the awning. Here are the solar input specs for the Lion Safari ME:

1699914089153.png

Here is the output Specs of the HQST 100W Flexible panel.

1699914193642.png

Does anyone have tips on setting up these panels for the Safari ME? I reached out to Lion for guidance, but they weren't too helpful, suggesting their own panels, which I already own. I've been on the lookout for a plug-and-play option from Lion or any other brand offering flexible solar panels, but I haven't come across any yet. If there isn't a plug-and-play option available, information on how to configure my own setup would be really appreciated.

Appreciate any advice you can share.

Cheers,
Dale

Two of those panels in a series string will work with that Solar Charge Controller.
And up to 5 strings in parallel.

Charge Controller works between 24v and 60v. But requires a minimum of 36v to wake up.
Two panels in series is 38.8v with a VOC of 47v
And can draw a maximum of 25a from the array.
5 strings in parallel gives you 26a. (On a perfect day)

VOC is a hard limit. Or damage can occur.
Maximum amps is just what it can use.

Thanks so much Tim. I need to remeasure, but I think I only have room for 4 sets of series wired panels. So, if that is the case, everything should work out perfect.

-Dale

Back